• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Breaking Bad's "Madrigal", in real life

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I work for a company that is licenced everywhere, including precursors for all sorts of things.

Chemicals get stocked at my work for a variety of different reasons. Most of the reasons are to make "monozukuri". But the warehouse is licenced for all sorts of unreasonable things.

That lady, from Breaking Bad, Lydia? That's my work buddy. Except instead of a German consortium it's a Japanese one. They have more connections to the Chinese.

MSDS?

Contact me.

-jM
A&D

Aleks

TRIBE Member
thats episode one of my favs.

i'm sure theres tons of Madrigal-ish organizations around.

Herr.Schuler's death was epic.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I didn't realize chemicals come in such large bins, well, they're called "totes". I'm not exactly sure what their volume is: very large. Hundreds and hundreds of gallons. We actually had to stop selling those "totes" because the insurance denied coverage due to the risk of such large volumes of volatile chemicals. Not that it made any difference, we just bought smaller containers but the same volume of stuff. Cause you need chemicals to make pharmaceuticals, cars, wastewater, all sorts of things.

One of my favourites is the Hydrogen Peroxide. Yes you can buy it at the mall at 3% and I don't really know what you do with it. Treat wounds? Can it even bleach hair at 3%? Well at 30% legal regulations kick in because it starts to become quite dangerous. It is spontaneously exothermic and as a strong oxidizer can start fires from things that don't normally burn, say the concrete floor of a warehouse. This is the chemical that is used in jet packs. Well we were dealing in a 35% grade and the law came down on us so I suggested "Hey, what about we deal in 29% hydrogen peroxide?" Because silly me, I knew that 1% won't make a difference but the last time a politician took a chemistry class....

Working out just fine.

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Totes aka IBC's (Intermediate Bulk Containers) ours are 250 gal (945 L)
Yeah this would make sense, I have a strange feeling ours were 1000L.

Because some health safety audit found that the wrong label was appended to one, saying it was like 1.5 litres or something, and nobody noticed until "one day". The chemical is the same but it was my job to go to the company and ask,

me> "Hey, if you guys don't notice that your label says '1.5 litres' and yet the package is more like 1000L, well, what else are you not noticing?"

I believe it was a tote of "Chev" - "ron"'s hydraulic fluid. Not very interesting from the pharmaceutical viewpoint. They just said "woops" and started sticking the right label on those things.

-jM
A&D

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Ours are about 1% iodine and used in agriculture, and are therefore seen as DIN (drug products). They arrive into Canada and are quarantined, inspected, label and lot info reported to a third party quality control company (blood sucking leaches) who then in conjunction with the manufacturer and HC will finally allow us to distribute through out Canada. To dirty ass farms.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Ours are about 1% iodine and used in agriculture, and are therefore seen as DIN (drug products). They arrive into Canada and are quarantined, inspected, label and lot info reported to a third party quality control company (blood sucking leaches) who then in conjunction with the manufacturer and HC will finally allow us to distribute through out Canada. To dirty ass farms.
Well all Chemicals imported into Canada have to be reported and quantified, drug or not. They have a list ... ah I forget the lists name, but it's based on CAS #'s, of chemicals that are "OK" so long as you measure how much you import and then report. Then there are the chemicals that are NOT on "the list", fuck whatever that list is named, I'll remember it when I go back to work on Monday, and those involve much more paperwork.

There are very few chemicals not on "the list", but they represent chemicals which whatever government agency has not yet studied sufficiently to determine what's a safe amount to have dispersed in Canada.

Oddly or sadly we import lost of chemicals that are "not on the list"...

-jM
A&D