1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Brazeau

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by Boss Hog, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Patrick Brazeau facing domestic, sexual assault charges - Canada - CBC News

Everything I've been hearing and reading in the last day says if convicted, he'd have to serve a sentence of 2 years to lose his Senate seat.

Anybody here strong with the details of the Senate? It would seem like from the wording here that it it might be automatic.

But really, if he's guilty of this crime (let alone his previous controversies) does this guy really deserve to be a Senator? What the hell was Harper doing even appointing this punk?

2. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

i think Harper loved the spotlight then...why not be the one who appointed the youngest senator ever? and now it's on him again, if only for a little bit.
    Brazeau is an embarrassment.
    too soon.

3. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

4. They're now moving to suspend him, Wallin and Duffy without pay.

5. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Boy Mr Prime Minister, you sure did book that business trip to Brussels at an opportune time. Certainly don't wanna be in the house answering questions or anything on such an early point in the fall session. Not with the shit abyss out there right now. Hooo haaaaaaa

Say, what about that bit you mentioned Re: Abolishing/Reforming the Senate?

6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

watch the 3 of them resign so they can keep their pensions...for life.

7. Actually it looks like Wallin is looking to fight this.

Pamela Wallin ready to fight possible Senate suspension | Toronto Star

I'm not sure if Wallin understands that Saskatchewan isn't going to be deprived of a Senator, more likely replaced.

The sense of entitlement she has is freaking unreal - no sense of apology, only a sense that she's a scapegoat for being caught breaking the rules.

8. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

The way Duffy's ballooning, that may not be too long.

9. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

looks like Brazeau may have tried to off himself last night.

10. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I think he just stumbled into a doorframe. Guy seems like a serious idiot

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

12. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

how the fuck is brazeau a senator again???
    is there nothing you can do to get kicked out