• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

-Braces-

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
4 years of braces here...

it was HELL but so worth it. the pain is unlike anything... i could take a punch (maybe) but the looooooong aching of your teeth.

i'm so glad its over. but again, so worth it.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Better yet, fuck the big retainer dealie, just pay a bit extra and request a permanent one on both upper and lower (if that's possible for your teeth, but at min on the bottom set).

A dog ate my top retainer when I was overseas, and after that I stopped wearing my new one.

I can still get it in if I hammer it in with the bottom of a toothbrush, but it really fucking hurts.

My top teeth have shifted a bit, but I can't notice how or where exactly. If it weren't for my lower permanent retainer (it's just a wire), I'm sure I'd be in Kife's same situation.

word... if i had the option to hookup one of those permanent wires at the time, i totally would have. I think things have gotten easyer for brace-faces since i was a pup. A simple wire glued to the back of your teeth.. *sigh* that sounds like paradise compared to the voice modifying stink factories i had to cope with.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Oh yeah... by the way... train trackers... say goodbye to:

Eating apples without slicing them into wedges.
Sandwiches ... yeah.. those make you look like a winner after just one bite.
Candy apples... enough said.
Pizza/steak/anything requiring chew/cutting after a tightening session.

it's yogurt for you now sukka!

beta tester

TRIBE Member
I had braces from about 19-23. Many dentists are using the smaller brackets now which aren't as visible. There's also the clear brackets (as someone mentioned) and Invisiline.

It was totally worth it. Regarding retainers - I lost my bottom one over a year ago and haven't had the money to replace it (about $500) so my teeth have moved quite a bit and I'm certain I'll need braces on the bottom again, but I plan to do it as soon as I getb a "big girl job" (I just graduated from Uni).

As for payment, most dentists do a payment plan - I thnk I paid around $200/mo. with a down payment of about $800. I was finished paying by the time the braces were off.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Better yet, fuck the big retainer dealie, just pay a bit extra and request a permanent one on both upper and lower (if that's possible for your teeth, but at min on the bottom set).

My top teeth have shifted a bit, but I can't notice how or where exactly. If it weren't for my lower permanent retainer (it's just a wire), I'm sure I'd be in Kife's same situation.

The bf's got a permanent retainer. His teeth look great.

A dog ate my top retainer when I was overseas.

nice.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I had braces.... yes it is really painful, when they tighten them or do a djustments, and when I first got them on I was in agony.

had braces for 2+ years, retainer through highschool.

at about 15 i started getting a click in my jaw, at 16 I had a couple clicks, and occasional lock jaw, by 17 I was getting really bad migraines, and a tripple click each time I opened my mouth + lockjaw.

17 I had my wisdom teeth out, and my TMJ flush out and a lubed, but still major problems

18 I had Arthroscopic surgery to repair my TMJ (put things back in place because I had loose cartileges) came out of surgey and no more lock jaw, clicking, headaches.... but my over bite is back big time! (my top teeth are straight, still though, just a huge over bite)

my advice... choose your ortho Carefully!