• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boycott Morrissey

dig this

TRIBE Member
What a freak'n douchebag....

Morrissey says he won't play Canada because of seal hunt
TERRY WEBER

Globe and Mail Update

Former Smiths lead singer Morrissey says he won't play any Canadian dates on his upcoming world tour in protest of the seal hunt.

In a statement posted on Morrissey fan Web site True To You, the singer offers a harsh criticism of hunt — which he terms an “horrific slaughter” — and Prime Minister Stephen Harper's defence of it.

“The Canadian Prime Minister says the so-called cull is economically and environmentally justified, but this is untrue,” the singer said.

“The seal population has looked after itself for thousand of years without human intervention, and, as the world knows, this slaughter is about one thing only: making money.”

Morrissey is gearing up a tour to promote his upcoming album, Ringleader Of The Tormentors. The first single, You Have Killed Me, was released in Britain this week.

But he says he won't play any dates in Canada and has called on fans to boycott Canadian goods, accusing the country of placing “itself alongside China as the cruellest and most self-serving nation.”

“I fully realize that the absence of any Morrissey concerts in Canada is unlikely to bring the Canadian economy to its knees, but it is our small protest against this horrific slaughter,” he said.

He also dismisses arguments that the hunt is an economic necessity by providing jobs to local communities.

“Construction of German gas chambers also provided work for someone -- this is not a moral or sound reason for allowing suffering,” he said.

“If you can, please boycott Canadian goods. It will make a difference.”

A number of celebrities have arrived in Canada in recent weeks to protest the hunt.

In February, Sir Paul McCartney, an ex-Beatle and vegan, came to Canada with his wife, Heather Mills McCartney, to stage a high-profile protest. After posing on ice floes in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, Mr. McCartney went head-to-head with Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams on CNN's Larry King Live.

The singer called the hunt a stain on the Canadian people. But Mr. Williams stood his ground, arguing that it provides a livelihood to remote communities.

Earlier this month, French actress Brigitte Bardot took her campaign against the centuries-old hunt to Ottawa, holding a press conference and requesting a meeting with Mr. Harper.

Mr. Harper refused, saying “I respect Ms. Bardot and all other famous people who have causes, but it's not in my nature to need to have my picture taken with celebrities.”

The annual hunt began last weekend.
Globe & Mail Article

dr. claw

I don't agree with adults having sex with minors, but I don't plan on boycotting Roman Polanski's movies anytime soon.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
“The seal population has looked after itself for thousand of years without human intervention, and, as the world knows, this slaughter is about one thing only: making money.”
nevermind that polar bears, which control seal populations, have been dying off by the tonne.

meh...
he is a douchebag.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
wait a minute, he's fucking english!!!

Jesus christ mate as a fucking Brit who is currently paying for the bombing of innocent civilians in the Middle East and the purchasing nation for the majority of furs do you really think you should be standing in any form of moral superiority.

I agree its a dumb ass hunt, but does it really compare to legal fox hunting in your country.

Morrissey its great that you want to call us evil like China. But we don't come even close!! we're nowhere near france, britain or for that matter the netherlands. So maybe you should ease the hell off.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
i love how he parallels the economics of seal clubbing to the building of german gas chambers...seal hunts and the holocaust, nice comparison morrissey.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Dennis Leary on animal rights:

I don't think it proves superior intelligence on our part that we can fashion a bat out of a piece of wood and bomp a baby seal over the head with it. Seals are very intelligent animals. They've probably thought of defending themselves. Only one problem: no hands. They're sitting on the beach, getting womped on the head, going: THONK "Man, this sucks." THONK "Wish we had some hands." THONK "Or at least a couple of helmets." THONK.

"Here's what sums up the animal rights movement to me. You've all heard this one, haven't you? "Don't eat the tuna fish." Why? (Crying) "Dolphins are getting stuck in the nets!"

"But what about the tuna fish?!"

"Well, fuck them. They taste good. They never had their own TV show, for crissake. They never swam next to our boats and made cute little sounds. Get out of here, tuna fish. I'm gonna make a sandwich out of you. You cute little dolphin. Tuna fish never had their own football team."

Fuck them. Let's eat them all. C'mon. Let's make jackets out of what's left over. C'mon." We might as well just have animal auditions and line them up one by one and judge them individually.
"What are you?"
"I'm an otter."
"And what do you do?"
"I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands."
"You're free to go."
"And what are you?"
"I'm a cow."
"Get in the fuckin' truck, okay, pal?"
"But I'm an animal."
"You're a baseball glove."
"I'm an animal."
"You're a hat. Get on that truck. You cow. What do you think we called you a 'cow' for?"
We kill the cow to make jackets out of them, then we kill each other for the jackets that we made out of the cows. I think the cows would love that joke, don't you? (As cow) "They're killin' each other for their jackets? Mooo."

dig this

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
wait a minute, he's fucking english!!!

Jesus christ mate as a fucking Brit who is currently paying for the bombing of innocent civilians in the Middle East and the purchasing nation for the majority of furs do you really think you should be standing in any form of moral superiority.

I agree its a dumb ass hunt, but does it really compare to legal fox hunting in your country.

Morrissey its great that you want to call us evil like China. But we don't come even close!! we're nowhere near france, britain or for that matter the netherlands. So maybe you should ease the hell off.

If the world actually boycotted Canada, the world will be worse off. Canada's all about promoting equal rights and peace keeping around the world, and he wants to throw it all away cause of the seals...
Way to get your priorities straight, dumb-ass (Morrissey, not Ditto Much)...

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
He sucks anyway.

After singing about being depressed for so many years I'm surprised he's still around.

derek

TRIBE Member
cute animals line up on the right, not-so-cute animals on the left. lost your white coat and only 25 days old, the left.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mingster

TRIBE Member
haha

morrissey WISHES he had enough clout to lead a boycott of canada. way to get your name in the paper douchebag!

Surfer Joe

TRIBE Member
I've had flipper pie when I was a kid. Seal meat is very dark and pretty greasy. It would make a very good projectile and do a good number staining that wanker's free range, vegetable dye clothes. Never really liked his whiny voice anyway. What's that? Morrissey's not going to play here? Yawn. Hmmm, that's a shame (back to sleep).

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I'd ban english products but what's the fucking point. Your cheese sucks, your bread sucks, your fashion is 2 years behind dark and boring and your music has been stagnant for almost a decade. Your cars are poorly made, your movies are rarely worth the rent and I can't think of a single consumer product that the english actually make versus simply importing from the third world labour they exploit.

Christ the only thing I could actually boycott is english shoes but I haven't bought anything that wasn't italian since I was 18 and knew better. Your a sad lot of losers stuck on an ugly island with crappy weather and everything is overpriced.

In fact for the last 10 years I've been telling people to visit almost every country in Europe except for the shit hole your from Morrissey. See we may club cute fluffy animals but for the rest we're alright, end of the day if your country was clubbing seals it wouldn't even make the top ten.

If anything you have inspired me to try and speak french for the rest of the day.

en francais c'est fuck et vous!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories