• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boy Killed over bus ticket???

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
it really doesn't take much anymore does it....

Teen killed over bus ticket
Found in a pool of blood beside a coffee shop
Apr. 21, 2006. 06:23 AM
HENRY STANCU
STAFF REPORTER

An argument over a bus ticket may have led to the stabbing death of a teenage boy at a North York shopping plaza yesterday.

The victim, believed to have been a 17-year-old student of Downsview Secondary School, was found in a pool of blood beside a coffee shop as hundreds of teens headed home from school.

The stabbing occurred about 3:15 p.m. in the parking lot of Downsview Plaza on Wilson Ave., near Keele St.

"They (paramedics) were working on him and other kids were yelling and screaming when I got there," said Nino Cappa, 45, who lives just steps from the plaza.

"They were doing whatever they could (to revive him), giving him air ... but you could see he was dead. He was lights out from the very beginning," Cappa added.

He and others who gathered at the scene outside the Coffee Time heard witnesses claiming the victim was stabbed in a dispute over a bus ticket.

Witnesses told police the attacker fled with a group who boarded a Wilson Ave. TTC bus.

The young victim, who was wearing a white shirt and black pants, identified as the uniform worn by Downsview students, was pronounced dead at Sunnybrook health centre. He had apparently been stabbed in the back more than once.

A plaza security guard found the victim and called 911.

"There's plenty of witnesses. It's a well-known area where students congregate," said Det. Steve Canddoc, of 31 Division, as he waited for homicide officers to arrive and take over the investigation.

He said police were interviewing people who were at the plaza, but key witnesses may have left following the incident.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
maybe a golden Willy Wonka ticket would be worht it...........but a bus ticket?

fucked up shit

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
I hope when they catch these punks they throw them in jail and toss away the key. I have no sympathy for anyone involved and perhaps 25 years behind bars will send everyone a bit of a message.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Yup, you're probably right. What I was getting at is that stiffer sentences are needed to at least try to curb some of the violence. 25 years for any murder is a good start.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
janiecakes said:
since when have stiffer sentences been proven to curb violence?

but blah blah blah, i'm a broken record.

I hear what you're saying, but at this point something needs to be done. Not sure what, but it's pretty sad when you have to fear for your life whenever you go out. I'm sure glad I'm not a young kid back in high school. Seems like it's a tough time for a lot of people these days.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I blame parents.
Not just the kids who were plotting, but also the parent's of the kids who bullied them into violent acts.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
I blame parents.
Not just the kids who were plotting, but also the parent's of the kids who bullied them into violent acts.

I also blame the parents, as well as rap music, and the parents of rap music. Kool Herc and the Sugarhill Gang are going to pay.