1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Boy George arrested for drugs

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by rejenerate, Oct 7, 2005.

1. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

NEW YORK Oct 7, 2005 — Singer Boy George was arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs and making a fake police report after he called 911 early Friday and falsely said his home had been burglarized, police said.

The singer, whose real name is George O'Dowd, called police from a Little Italy apartment around 3:14 a.m. and reported a burglary, said Detective Kevin Czartoryski, a police spokesman.

Officers arrived on the scene and discovered a small amount of cocaine next to a computer, police said. A woman in the apartment said there was more cocaine around and police were continuing to investigate.

A former spokesman for O'Dowd's autobiographical musical "Taboo," which closed last year, said he did not know whether the singer had a spokesman or lawyer.

2. kat

kat TRIBE Member

hm..sketchy.

3. bblutoo

bblutoo TRIBE Member

that woman's a jerkface

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith TRIBE Member

Sounds to me like the chick in the apartment was stealing his blow!!

5. jebac

jebac TRIBE Member

hey lets all have a tribe party and everybody who does blow can come and we'll all get really high and maybe start eating each other out

i know just the triber to supply it too

-jebac

6. derek

derek TRIBE Member

i wonder if his / her sponsors will drop them?

7. annec

annec TRIBE Member

neighbour snorted or sold it all...

8. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

That blows for him.

9. He crossed the line

10. migzzzz

migzzzz TRIBE Member

blame it on the neighbors

I would have said "it was the neighbors"

or even better..." my mother was by earlier..."

(The comment above depends on if there was a trace of coke powder below his nose)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  11. Losing Rosie O'Donnell is probably going to help his career more than hurt it.

12. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

I bet when the cops showed up, he broke out into Culture Club styles and asked "Do you really want to arrest me? Do you really want to make me cry?"

13. Being very stoned right now, that seems totally plausible to me.

hahahhaaha

14. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

He could get off both charges by saying that the burglar left the coke there.