• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boy, 2: Career at risk

Puma

TRIBE Member
Model sues over cut

By AP

STAMFORD, Conn. -- A two-year-old model and actor who cut his head at a playground is seeking unspecified lost wages and other compensation from the city. Konrad Mader of Greenwich was running toward a treehouse at a playground Nov. 4 when he crashed into a railing, according to a claim filed last week by his mother and reported yesterday by the Stamford Advocate. The blond toddler received several stitches.

Deena Mader, the boy's mother, did not specify how much she is seeking on behalf of her son.

'PREVENTABLE'

In a letter to officials, she demanded compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and a "lost wage amount due to his inability to audition or take modelling or commercial jobs while his head heals."

Mader blamed the boy's injury on a green railing, which she said blends in with the landscaping. Mader said the railing should be painted a brighter colour.

"This accident was preventable had the railings and safety measures been correct at this park," Mader wrote in her claim.

Tom Cassone, the city's director of legal affairs, said his office is investigating the claim.

Joe Falzone, a facilities manager in charge of maintaining city parks, said he is not aware of defects in the playground and there are no plans to make changes.

some people do way to much crack...

smilez

TRIBE Member
thinking of my little bro, she has a totally valid argument, but of course instead of protecting the children being her motive to fix the parks it would have to be $$$.

Melissa

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
but it's a 2 year old kid.... kids fall... kids hurt themselves. If it doesn't happen at a park, it will happen somewhere else.
or maybe that woman is just a really bad mother and wasn't paying attention to the kid when it happened.

I think it's just another cash grab by a greedy american.

go frivolous lawsuits!

Further proof that the letigiousness of society is going to be the end of us.

I'm gonna write them a letter:

Dear fuckhead parents:

If you want your child truely safe for all time, you'll put him in a bubble ball for the rest of his life. Don't blame the fucking accidents that occur on a daily basis in life on the rest of society. Next time maybe you'll watch over your kid vigilantly, so he can grow up to be a complete pussy that will be unable to cope with any hardships life is going to deal with you.

Fuck you and your wishes of having a Nerf made world.

Love always

Highsteppa

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

smilez

TRIBE Member
I totally agree that the lawsuit is frivolous scam.

I was just saying I agree with that a kid has a greater chance of running into a green pole in a park then an orange one.

Melissa

AshG

suppose they painted the pole red instead of green.
now it is bright, yes?

but what if they boy was colour blind?

my god, what kind of discriminatory society would we live in to allow such a consideration to go overlooked! :eek:

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by MalGlo
thats almost as good as the mom who sued mcdonalds for makin her kids fat :)
No, that's not quite as frivolous. Tobacco companies are being sued, why not McDonald's?

I mean, I wouldn't say you could sue for getting kids fat, but for having high cholesterol and heart problems, since they haven't specifically warning you just like on cigarette packages.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by PosTMOd
I mean, I wouldn't say you could sue for getting kids fat, but for having high cholesterol and heart problems, since they haven't specifically warning you just like on cigarette packages.

If you're that stupid that you don't know McDicks is bad for you, then you deserve to have kids with health problems :p

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by ev
If you're that stupid that you don't know McDicks is bad for you, then you deserve to have kids with health problems :p
Point taken. I'm merely pointing out the similarities between cigarettes and fast food, insofar as legal ramifications are concerned.

If I were King and Ruler, I would kill everyone who ate at McDonald's more than twice a year. Or smoked more than a pack of cigarettes a week.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by ev
I guess I'll be pretty high on your hit list then ;)
I'd give you fair warning, since I wouldn't want to be thought of as a complete sadist.

All of a sudden, I remember that Stephen King short story (also a segment of the movie "Cat's Eye"), that had a company that help you quit smoking-- guaranteed. They had spies watching you, and they'd cut off your wife's finger if they caught you the first time, and then considerably worse things would happen any time after that.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit
Originally posted by ev
Yeah, but the difference between Tobacco and McDonalds is that McDonalds targets children in their television ads. Tobacco and alcohol are banned from advertising on tv. Makes it a lot tougher for parents to forbid and resist something like that.

I see that being a very important distinction as to part of the problem.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Or smoked more than a pack of cigarettes a week.
Is this the cut off for health risks?

I know nobody knows for sure, just wondering cuz I smoke about 8 or ten smokes when I am drunk-at-the-club and then no more until next Saturday....

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by green_souljah
Is this the cut off for health risks?

I know nobody knows for sure, just wondering cuz I smoke about 8 or ten smokes when I am drunk-at-the-club and then no more until next Saturday....
Oh, if you're drinking at the same time, you automatically get killed... (aren't you lucky that I ain't King and Ruler?).

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

Dear fuckhead parents:

If you want your child truely safe for all time, you'll put him in a bubble ball for the rest of his life. Don't blame the fucking accidents that occur on a daily basis in life on the rest of society. Next time maybe you'll watch over your kid vigilantly, so he can grow up to be a complete pussy that will be unable to cope with any hardships life is going to deal with you.

Fuck you and your wishes of having a Nerf made world.

Love always

Highsteppa

this letter sums it up quite well

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories