• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boxing Day Sales!

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
aight.. so like, who knows where the good deals are??

Shops I would like to visit: Oddessy, Spy Lab, Noise..

How crazy is Queen West going to be this day? This will be my first boxing day in TDOT - hook a brutha up. :)

D.

most places are having sales to clear out their stock early. Boxing Day sales aren't what they used to be, esp. when they jack up prices so to make it look like a sale.

smilez

TRIBE Member
2 years ago I was shopping on xmas eve and decided since the stuff was for me I'd go back and grab it for less on boxing day.

when I went back on boxing day the prices were HIGHER!!!

yes, boxing day has become a scam.

Melissa

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Stay away from Oddessy...that's my #1 target for boxing day. If you don't like Freshjive stuff...you are allowed to go though. I don't have much on my list for boxing day except for a new pair of jeans and maybe a pair of sneaks. Anyone know of a good place that will have a good deal on jeans on boxing day? (the max i wanna spend on jeans is like $60)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Game plan:

Zara, Holt's, Club Monaco (they bring out all the old stuff and mark it down to ridiculous amounts), Over the Rainbow (usually they have 50% off jeans), down to Mexx (50% off), Sears, Le Crapeau (jean sale) and the Eaton Center Club Monaco.

Yay for Chinese red packets full of cash.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I was once filmed/interviewed buying stuff on Boxing Day at one of the downtown Sporting Life stores by Global TV. That was like 15 years ago when I was in probably grade 7 or something like that. Anyways, they not only showed it all over the news that day/evening, but proceeded to continue doing so every Boxing Day for about the next 10 years!

I don't bother with the sales anymore. It is better to wait until the week after as that is when stuff really goes on sale.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I need new shoes and a winter jacket.

Hopefully Boxing Day in San Fran treats me well.. But I dont think they make as big a deal of it.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Hopefully Boxing Day in San Fran treats me well.. But I dont think they make as big a deal of it.

That might be because they don't have Boxing Day in the States...

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fuzzy
Whatever happened to fiction clearance sales??? :(

i got an email yesterday regarding a warehouse sale over boxing week.

upstairs from W salon on queen west. fiction, lithium and other labels.

that's all i remembered as i deleted it. good luck!

:)sarah

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exrboy
Anyone know of a good place that will have a good deal on jeans on boxing day? (the max i wanna spend on jeans is like $60)

fuck queen street. winners buddy. winners.

patrick

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
winners is the shit! i can spend hours in there. esp. the one at lawrence and bathurst.

the lawrence and bathrust one is a really great one.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I was thinking the same thing Patrick (about Winners)

Question: Does Winners have a boxing day sale? Mcbee...Mcbee...Mcbee?

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by exrboy
Question: Does Winners have a boxing day sale? Mcbee...Mcbee...Mcbee?

considering most things are 30-60% off retail anyways, there isn't a 'boxign day' sale per se.

massive clearance of fall goods starts soon tho.

keep checking.

you should go;)

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Curses to being stuck in London for boxing day.

Hmmm... maybe From Mars will have a sale if they're still around. And I'm sure there's a Winners or two in London.