• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boxing Day 2009

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
So this year it falls on a Saturday...

but everywhere I look, it is still listed as happening on Saturday....

Are stores supposed to be open on Boxing day anymore? I thought there was some big kerfuffle about that recently...

Anyway, my real question is, for the rest of us who don't work on Saturdays anyway and dont work in a store, isn't this holiday supposed to be moved to Monday? What gives...

-jM
A&D

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Yeah, depends on your business.

If you would normally get Boxing Day off but don't work Saturdays, it moves to Monday.

If you normally work Saturdays, you get that day off.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
From the Retail Council of Canada:

Ontario

Most retailers are NOT allowed to open during the following Holidays;

New Year's Day
Family Day (Third Monday of February)
Good Friday
Easter Sunday
Victoria Day
Canada Day
Labour Day
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day

Exempt from the act are book or magazine stores under 2,400 square feet with a maximum of three employees, pharmacies under 7,500 square feet, flower shops and gas stations.

Stores may also be open on these holidays if exempted under specific municipal by-laws for the development or maintenance of tourism. Any questions about tourism designations or local hours of retail operation should be directed to the municipal clerk's office in your municipality.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
the stat this year is on monday. of course you work for the japanese so maybe they think of it as sumo wrestling day.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
the stat this year is on monday. of course you work for the japanese so maybe they think of it as sumo wrestling day.
Well this is exactly where this thread comes. Cause the boxing day looks like a work day to me... But then again so does easter, and family guy day.

I was about to bitch, again, but they gave me 30 & 31 off so I started feeling more like 'pick your battles, ..'

-jM
A&D