• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bowling for columbine

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Isosceles_CAT
so realisitic.

ya, the guy they got to play michael moore looks almost exactly like him. the guy who played heston was good to. i can't wait for episode 2!!

twitch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smilez
..I still have to see the Corporation.

I don't think it was quite as good as Bowling for Columbine, well not the same intensity, but still entertaining, and definitly worth watching.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
I can watch heston squirm all day!...the K-mart/bullit segment was really well edited

I cried watching that part during the premiere. I felt like such a loser but looked at everyone else crying too.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by twitch
I don't think it was quite as good as Bowling for Columbine, well not the same intensity, but still entertaining, and definitly worth watching.

and BFC. isn't as good as roger and me...exploited pretty much any one in the film who was a bit to the right;)

sunny...didn't know you were such a softy...that part gets me too though, the music was key in this one to

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
I love the animated "brief history of america".
that and the opening where he gets the gun when opening a bank account take the cake.

smilez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III

sunny...didn't know you were such a softy...that part gets me too though, the music was key in this one to

I found myself being absorbed into the music at many points and thinking that he couldn't have chosen a better piece of music to complement the mood in the scene.

Bravo I say:D

Melissa

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i like the previous title that they decided not to use: 'interviewing really really really dumb redneck white people and making it look like all white conservative americans are slack-jawed ugly hicks with bad hair, bad teeth and ugly children'.

apparently, some of the movie execs thought that title might be too insulting.

i don't personally know anyone in toronto that does not lock their front doors. do you?

i especially liked the scene where michael moore takes advantage of charlton heston's complete inability to debate due to old age and early stages of dementia. that was awesome. :p

overall - it was a very entertaining movie and it sends a very sobering message. i am looking forward to michael moore's 9/11 flick. :)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will

i don't personally know anyone in toronto that does not lock their front doors. do you?

My door is unlocked all the time. When I'm home for instance my door is unlocked. Right now as I sit here my door is unlocked.

There were several very intelligent sounding people as well. He had the guy from south park and the freeky musician dude. And that nice guy governor as well!!!

However I thought the point of the film was related to a culture of fear. From that perspective it was very honest.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will

i especially liked the scene where michael moore takes advantage of charlton heston's complete inability to debate due to old age and early stages of dementia. that was awesome. :p

This heinous act cannot be stessed enough.

Mr. Moore draps himself in the First Amendment, giving him the right to say what he feels. The First Amemdment however goes further than that, it protects his rights to speak freely.

How can a man make use of the First Amendment only to deny Mr. Heston's rights in the same regard? Charlton's views may not be popular but he is intitled to the same protections all Americans are. Just because Heston supports the NRA doesn't mean he should be attacked in the matter which he was.

If my grandmother and grandfather - who had views that were sometimes contrary to my own - were set upon in their own homes, lied to, filmed, and put in a movie I would be furious. I'm sure you all would be too. Our laws and America's Constitution are supposed to protect them from that kind of treatment. What Moore did wasn't journalism, it was sensationalism, and it prayed on a man's weakness the same as so much low-brow reality television.

I boycott him on this principle.

smilez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much

However I thought the point of the film was related to a culture of fear. From that perspective it was very honest.

same here.

and I know many people who don't lock their doors when they are at home, I may or may not be one of them;)

Melissa

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
What Moore did wasn't journalism, it was sensationalism
That's pretty much all you can ever expect from him.

The fact that Bowling for Columbine won an Oscar for best "documentary" will always puzzle me.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
What Moore did wasn't journalism, it was sensationalism, and it prayed on a man's weakness the same as so much low-brow reality television.

I boycott him on this principle. [/B]

Why would you boycott him for?? Most of Americans believe the best way to sleep is having a gun under your pillow, ya know just to feel safe. If I had to somehow own a gun (it would have to be a very stupid reason) children in my house would never see it because it would be locked up in a vault or safe. Now Heston says, "If your 6 year old child sees a gun, tell him/her to put it down and go to an adult or guardian."

This is a fuckin' joke. Yeah, and you can also to tell the 6 year old not to touch the bright red button and he/she will listen. Yah right....

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Don't forget the bit with Dick Clark. Of course he is responsible for dead children!

:rolleyes:

If people are interested in the firearms debate, check out http://www.jpfo.org/ib-orders.htm, for "Innocents Betrayed". Probably the antithesis to BFC.

Nah but why not take a shot at a rich (fucking rich) celeb who trucks in welfare moms to get cheap labour.

Seriously if you could take a pot shot at a scumbag business proposal like this wouldn't you?

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
Nah but why not take a shot at a rich (fucking rich) celeb who trucks in welfare moms to get cheap labour.

I love taking cheap shots at anything; winning an Oscar for it is something else. Having legions of people thinking I'm the dogs balls because of it shows the ignorance of said legions.

This sort of thing belongs on tabloid TV, not an Oscar-winning documentary.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
its not like Charlton Heston spends all his time inside his house, making jigsaw puzzles and eating pudding.
yeah hes old, but hes still travelling across the country to NRA rallies and touting all that "cold dead hands" bullshit.
so why shouldn't he be called on it?