• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bought a used car but lost the UVIP. What can I do now?


New Member
I bought a motorcycle 1.5 years ago. A few days after taking delivery of the bike, I lost my job and sent 1.5 years unemployed so registering the bike was not on the top of my priority list. However, I want to take care of it now but cannot find the UVIP. I have there back of the vehicle registration slip but that is it. How much crap am I in and how do i correct the problem. I do not want plates or to put it on the road right now. I just want the ownership in my name. Any help would be appreciated!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room


TRIBE Member
its still in your name. go to the service ontario office and have them print a new one. if some one stole your bike and killed someone they sure as fuck would find you


TRIBE Member
You still have the sale receipt, right? The UVIP costs about $20-25 (don't remember, it's been a minute), so you go with the sales receipt, the UVIP you purchase at service ontario, your insurance papers, your plate, and... I think your safety check.

If you don't have the safety check then they can provide you with a temporary sticker but that costs a bit and you'll have to go back again once everything's been deemed to be in good order.