• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bosa on new years

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
hopefully i wont have access to email this coming friday, so i wanted to wish everybody a happy new years!!!

ill be in costa rica, for stricly business purposes with some of my closest associates. ill pour the 40 of rum on the ground for the brothers that aint around pacific time!

my big memories of the year:

2003, it started with a bang. better yet a crash, how fitting that a single man on valentines day should find himself in Sunnybrook hospital suffering from not a broken heart but broken ribs... 4 of them.

shortly after i played soccer in Scarborough's 2nd division for the first time in about 15 years.
we were the last placed team going into the playoffs beating the 1st seed 2-1.
2 men short we lost out in the semi-finals, not bad by my count.
---------------
a short but intense summer followed by a beautiful as always fall was marred with indesicion about my job and where i am going in this world.
-----------------

ive learnt that ive been dissed by so many indian women i am a man of steel. Tandoori steel.
i call bullshit on not being able to date men outside of your culture, but hey what better way to
let a guy down than by playing the race card. does that make me the anti-ghandi?

indians 1
me 0

-----------------

my aunt passed away from cancer this summer, she was the virtual head of the household on my fathers side of the family. having spent every christmas there since he came to canada, this year for the first time we held the big christmas dinner at our house.

all things must give way to the passing winds of time, the location may change but on december 25th, we were still at my Zia Ida's house having christmas dinner in some sense.

i am constantly reminded of the sacredness of food, and how it seemed natural that we would bury my aunt with the special spoon she used to make her famous rice soup.

-----------------------

i signed up for tae-kwon do and hapkido classes and they have been fun too.

---------------------
i almost got a great promotion, i turned up second place. but silver never tasted so sweet, as it gave me the drive i needed to keep pushing at work, opportunity awaits, and soon enough i may come back as the boss of the kid that took that job from me.

theres no sweeter irony than irony waiting in the wings. (or the ill fated and blind belief that it waits in the wings, which in and of itself is a form of irony i think.)

---------------------

so i look back on 2003 while i look forward to 2004, working hard, thinking about buying a house,
and mabey coach a soccer team, in hopes of teaching impressionable children that soccer is like life and life is like a good meal, and good food is like a good woman. so in some way soccer is like women, 2 subjects i know so little of but hope to be students of for many years to come.

another year like dust, gone,

happy new years,

bosa:D

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
that soccer is like life and life is like a good meal, and good food is like a good woman. so in some way soccer is like women, 2 subjects i know so little of but hope to be students of for many years to come.
Nice.

:D

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit