• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bosa on costa rica

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
from the icy tundra of tornot's financial district i have come with sundrenched tales of sand and rum.

just got back from costa rica a few days ago and i cant say enough great things about this place.

landed in the capital where a van took our whole squad out to the famous Hermosa Beach on the pacific coast. Black sand, big waves and nice people.
A few trips to the local town of Jaco, just 15 minutes by cab away for some clubing and good food at great prices. The fish is great they tend to overcook it, but if you ask them they will cook it to your liking. Tuna, Red Snapper, Sea Bass, all the big names representing.

Next stop Montezuma, a tiny town off the coast, only a 1.5 hour boat ride from the Jaco area. beautiful beaches, perched on a hill top this town reminded me of those costal towns in spain. Everywhere we ate the food was well priced, fresh and served with the kind of honesty and sincerity one can only find in the most precious of places. A few bars and this place was buzzing at night.

a 4 hour ride up to Arenal, in the mountians to see one of Latin america's most active volcano's, despite the rain and cloud cover I got to see lava rolling down the side of the mountain. Just out side the volcano are several hot springs we checked out. a must see, naturally heated spring water in varying sized pools each a different temperature and a view of the volcano. I sat back let the heat do its magic on my tired bones and sipped scotch wisely. Well worth the ride.

next stop Manuel Antonio, this pacific town is tourist hotspot with some beautiful hilltop views of the ocean. a quality beach and lots of ladies. Its funny how the food while much more expensive was half as good as most other places, but toursim has a way of doing that i guess. A few nights spent a the local disco where locals and tourists shared the dance floor, they love sean paul and 50 cent out there. that and their local brand of salsa and dancehall mixed together it was pretty crazy.

Costa rican women are hot. something must be in the water, and its not Hepatitis A, nice complexions, good butts, and that little shake when they walk. I found it cool how even women who would be considered chubby by our standards wore the tight closes and put it our there with mad confidence, and it works. North american ladies could learn much from them.

Our last stop was in the Capital San Jose, a mini mexico city, surrounded by mountains and stuffed with noxious fumes. We partied with a large group of Texans who were there studying spanish, luckily i called upon my vast reserves of Texan knowledge learned from watching Hee Haw as a child. Every thing they ever told you about texas is true.

now im back in my humble cubicle, tapping away at my keyboard, a little bit darker than when i left but none the wiser.

hope everyone had a happy new years....

bosa:)

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Look familiar?

We might have passed each other on the street in Montezuma. :)

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
I'll be there in 2 months! Can't fuck'en wait.

*c*
if you havent been chuck, check montezuma out for sure, everyone agreed it was one of the best spots. you can even crusie up to Tamarindo for some more touristy partying too as its not too far away.

we didnt hit up the carribean side as it was raining there most of the time, but check if you get the chance.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner
if you havent been chuck, check montezuma out for sure, everyone agreed it was one of the best spots. you can even crusie up to Tamarindo for some more touristy partying too as its not too far away.

we didnt hit up the carribean side as it was raining there most of the time, but check if you get the chance.
Well I'm spending a month there so I'll have time to check out everything. Were there lots of tourists there? I'm going solo, so I'd like to be able to hookup with other backpackers as well.

*c*

IgStar

TRIBE Member
my best gal is going there on the 25th to her boyfriends villa. yes, villa.

*hopefully* next time she invite a friend!

:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
boss hog: when exactly were you there,
we were in montezuma about the 3rd until the 7th, i think. i never should have left!!

the food at that joint overlooking the beach with two levels was incredible. were you on the new years eve flight?

chuck: if youre gonna back pack for a month id say hit up montezuma first, chill out there as there is lots of stuff to do, check out tamarindo and saamara both on the other side of montezuma, lots of travelers there from what i hear. a month is a good time to see pretty much everything, youre gonna have a blast. (is b-ball still on these days? me and sabs may have to drop by and sport our tans... ha)

KickIT

TRIBE Member
we were in montezuma about the 3rd until the 7th, i think. i never should have left!!

the food at that joint overlooking the beach with two levels was incredible. were you on the new years eve flight?

chuck: if youre gonna back pack for a month id say hit up montezuma first, chill out there as there is lots of stuff to do, check out tamarindo and saamara both on the other side of montezuma, lots of travelers there from what i hear. a month is a good time to see pretty much everything, youre gonna have a blast. (is b-ball still on these days? me and sabs may have to drop by and sport our tans... ha)
thanks for the advice and ya dude, ball's still on. i'm always ready to take you to school.

*c*

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member

I left on the 4th. I partied large on the 3rd so if you were out we had to have seen each other. I stayed there for 18 days, I didn't want to leave to go somewhere else. You know the saying, if ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yeah the foot at that restaurant was amazing. I ate there at least once a day, one night we had this massive red snapper, so fucking good.

New Years Eve I was on the beach staring up at the milky way...

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog

Yeah the foot at that restaurant was amazing. I ate there at least once a day, one night we had this massive red snapper, so fucking good.

New Years Eve I was on the beach staring up at the milky way...
nice, i definately could have stayed there another week. but i wish i check tamarindo too. after 10 days of pure chilling out i wanted to party at a club proper...

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
dude

Sure it's thinned out and the sun is up but it was about 7am on New Years Day and the music was fucking sick amazing.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
dude

Sure it's thinned out and the sun is up but it was about 7am on New Years Day and the music was fucking sick amazing.
What? What is this? Please elaborate.

*c*

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
It's Shangrila, it was at the end of the strip nearer the bigger beach.

They were playing some heady tribal progressive, I couldn't just stand there taking pics for long.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
It's Shangrila, it was at the end of the strip nearer the bigger beach.

They were playing some heady tribal progressive, I couldn't just stand there taking pics for long.
That's awesome. Didn't know they had clubs like this. Good to know. And this is in Montezuma?

*c* <-- taking notes.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
yeah Montezuma. There were monkeys going crazy right outside in the trees. Chico's Bar was still everyone's prefered place but if you wanted to dance that was the place to be.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
yeah Montezuma. There were monkeys going crazy right outside in the trees. Chico's Bar was still everyone's prefered place but if you wanted to dance that was the place to be.
Sweet thanks. Anything else you can recommend?

*c*