• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bosa on christmas

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
What a bright time, it's the right time
To rock the night away
Jingle bell time is a swell time
To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh
Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock
Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell rock.

christmas is fast approaching, and i hope most of you have found the time to buy that special something for all your loved ones.

the cheer and good will of the holidays is a wonderful phenomenon. so deep are its roots, that people from all walks of life can enjoy christmas time. was jesus really born on this day?...who knows.
im talking about the real meat and potatoes of christmas time, for me, im talking about presents, santa claus, and egg nog.
christmas parties every weekend, drinking to excess and cutting down trees.
RIDE programs, last minute shopping and slacking off at work.

Its the only time of year i get to wear a half-zip sweater with reindeer on it, without a hint of irony.
Im talking about wishing people happy holidays you dont even like, just for jokes,
sharing christmas and newyears plans with your co-workers, only to realize everyone is doing the same thing, spending time with family. i guess the most precious things do not change with the passing fancies of time.
Giving extra change to bums, kind of hoping they will use it for booze, because hey its christmas time, drink up!!!

I love christmas becuase its all about spreading good cheer, and who ever is against good cheer has never stolen kisses with a stranger under a mistletoe, half drunk on egg nog and rum.

Alot of people hate on christmas and charge it with being too commercial, or too religious and non-inclusive. I say to them, hey!!! finish the rest of that egg nog and open your gift asshole, its like a jehova witness getting mad at you for drinking on your birthday becuase they dont practice that kind of stuff.

I think our muslim brothers and sisters have had to face alot of flak the last few years thanks to this war on terror, unfairly directed at them. So to all the muslims out there, loosen up!!! Not everyone thinks youre a terrorist when you go to the airport.!
You may not be christian, but i dont recall the Koran saying anything about not being able to have a good time!!!

(ill amend this email if it turns out that the koran does speak to that particular issue)

Theres no lonlier feeling than being a Jew on christmas day. My jewish buddy says thats why they always release a really good block-buster on december 25th. Instead of hating on the christmas folk, our Jewish brethren took lemons and made lemonade, watching great movies while the rest of use celebrate a big part of our heritage. I guess they really are god's chosen people.

And who can forget the birthday boy, Jesus. For all the Christians out there to whom the holidays are a literal celebration of his day of birth- I give much respect. Alot of people may think youre nuts to actually belive that stuff, but not me. I say happy birthday JC, 2003 years and still spreading good cheer like a Deity half his age!!

I think many have unfairly blamed jews, hindus and mabey even the chineese for pushing the notion that we should change the name of christmas time to non-denominational titles like "the holiday season". Oddly enough i figure its really the work of misguided christians, who have taken a textbook approach to this time of year to presume what others may think and feel at being wihsed a merry christmas. a sad outlook on life indeed.
tolerance is the hallmark of our society and perhaps it greatest ideal.
I feel no ill regard to my jewish brothers and sisters out there who wish me a happy haunika or asians who wish me happy chineese new year. In fact id prefer it. Next time you see me, tell me whats on your plate for your next religious celebration, Id love to hear about it and learn something new.

I figure if we focus less on trying to rename our holidays and more on making everyone feel welcome to celebrate them, this world would be a brighter place non?

Christmas time can be sad for many, i guess with all things happy there will be those who cannot share the same sentiment. Many are without loved ones to celebrate, this saddens me any time of year, but truly hits home when i sit amongst 30 of my extended family frantically passing plates of food around realizing how fortunate I am. For all their neurotic tendencies and nagging , family is perhaps the greatest wealth I posses.
I hope you all can say the same.

Thats the beauty of the holiday season, they are happy and sad, drunk and sober, materialistic and religous, inclusive and exclusive, pious and blasphemous all at once.

I guess its true what they say about Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year.

bosa:)