• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bored and i need some Help?

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Are Junior Sanchez and Roger Sanchez one in the same? I've seen both ( Irarely look up @ the booth, ok I usually can't see straight), billed as both, but then someone SWORE up and down that they are the same guy. I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Are they and if so, whats the difference in sounds that makes him use different names?

absolutely confused and heading back to the harder side of beats aka. techno,
GRj

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
lol

they are NOT the same person... they don't even look similar... except for both being spics I guess. ;)

ROGER
74497.jpg

JUNIOR
junior_sanchez.jpg

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by duggystyler
funny pictures is right! are they trying to look tough? who do you think would win in a fight?

Roger for sure man. That dude has muscles on top of his muscles.

He is also one of my fav. house DJs but don't tell anyone in the techno room.

-ian g.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AshG

Originally posted by ian
Roger for sure man. That dude has muscles on top of his muscles.

He is also one of my fav. house DJs but don't tell anyone in the techno room.

-ian g.

too late!
mwahahahaha!! :p

why not

TRIBE Member
they used to word together a bit i believe, i think roger might have been junior's mentor or something.

could be wrong though, my memory is shit.

playhouse

TRIBE Member
Da Mongoloids

Right about the two working together, but I dunno about the mentor thing. A few years ago, there was alotta hype about this crew, started by Armand Van Helden, which included Ian Pooley, Basement Jaxx, Daft Punk, Todd Terry, Roger S., Junior S., M.A.W., Laidback Luke, and The Rhythm Masters. They did sonme remixing favours for each other, and apparently still do, but other than that the whole idea of the loose collective seems to have fallen apart. Too bad, 'cause a tour with a few (or all!!!) of these dj's/producers on the same bill would've been bananas!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Roger S is a house legend, Junior Sanchez plays whatever is cool at the moment, ie shitty electro. While Roger will definitely dip into the cheese on occasion, the man knows house past and present and can rock a jam, no question.

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Da Mongoloids

Originally posted by playhouse
Right about the two working together, but I dunno about the mentor thing. A few years ago, there was alotta hype about this crew, started by Armand Van Helden, which included Ian Pooley, Basement Jaxx, Daft Punk, Todd Terry, Roger S., Junior S., M.A.W., Laidback Luke, and The Rhythm Masters. They did sonme remixing favours for each other, and apparently still do, but other than that the whole idea of the loose collective seems to have fallen apart. Too bad, 'cause a tour with a few (or all!!!) of these dj's/producers on the same bill would've been bananas!

they called themselves the mongoloids. i used to pray to see them do a tour together. sneak and a few others were also a part of that crew. talented bunch to say the very least.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Thank you. That is what I had thought.

And if any of you re around when I cash in my bet, you can have a pull too ;)

GRj

nuttz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Da Mongoloids

Originally posted by sentence
they called themselves the mongoloids. i used to pray to see them do a tour together. sneak and a few others were also a part of that crew. talented bunch to say the very least.

I went to a Mongoloidz party at Industry in '97.
Roger s, Junior Sanchez, Sneak and Armin Van.
It was the easter long weekend and the night before I went to Industry to see Danny T for the first time. Needless to say that weekend is what made me fall in love with house music.