• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boots!

kate

TRIBE Member
I'm currently on the hunt-I've found a few places but the white is hard to find and i want a white and a black pair in another style. I'm trying to find out if one of my coworkers is going to NYC to see her BF and if she is I'm getting her to bring them back for me!!!

deevah

TRIBE Member
i'm w/ you kate
looking for a pair of ankle dealies too

i want something in tartan or tartan detailing

bArHo

TRIBE Member
these are the beauties I picked up in the summer

and there's this this boutique in montreal up in mile end that has the cutest things ever and my friend told me that she saw the cutest ankle booties ever

no school on wednesday=shopping day

JESuX

TRIBE Member
what do you wear ankle boots with?

i got a vintage pair last winter, and everything i try them on with looks... weird.

help!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Pyrovitae said:
doc martens actually has some cool (super comfy!) boots out now. i got a pair last year, round toe, zip up the side, and they're leather. the only thing i don't like about them is that they're not as snug as i'd like them to be against my calf. this season the styles are even better.

check out their site : http://www.drmartens.com/ especially the jenna high leg boot. the dana high leg/pirate's cute too.

and they'll last forever.
the jennas are SO cute!!!

naturally, they don't sell them in canada.

":mad:"

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

deevah

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
what do you wear ankle boots with?

i got a vintage pair last winter, and everything i try them on with looks... weird.

help!

skinny pants
skirts - long, knee length or micro
leggings
jeans
tweed capris
anything 80s inspired, punk inspired

kate

TRIBE Member
Yup what deevah said.

I wear mine with skinny jeans, short skirts/dresses with either bare legs or tights or leggings.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
kate said:
Yup what deevah said.

I wear mine with skinny jeans, short skirts/dresses with either bare legs or tights or leggings.
I guess this is why I can't see the appeal of ankle boots...I can't pull off any of the above!

Trove on Bloor has merged with its sister store that was formerly across the street (shoon) and they have some kickass fall boots. a bit out of my budget ATM though.

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I guess this is why I can't see the appeal of ankle boots...I can't pull off any of the above!

Trove on Bloor has merged with its sister store that was formerly across the street (shoon) and they have some kickass fall boots. a bit out of my budget ATM though.

Sarah, where exactly? Bloor and ?

I remember you talking about in previous threads.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kate

TRIBE Member
I drove by that place on Sunday on my way for sushi and remember getting good shoe-vibes from there-perhaps its worth a try before I go to great legnths to have boots delivered from the US...but I think that I know what I want and there probably isn't any point...I'm so stinking picky!!!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I can't recall anything like the ones you've posted being in there Kate - however there are some cute rounded toe boots Jess.

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
there are these ralph lauren boots i love (look at the ad in august and september vogue).

they cost $1500 :(

L'ilMisSunshine & slutmistress said:
I had it done to a pair of boots I bought thinking they would 'stretch' - they didn't.

Unfortunately the only place i had it done was in london ont, and I haven't had it done to any boots since.

I *think* it was 30-40 bones, though it could have been cheaper.

I would suggest going to that place underneath Nike in Yorkville - it's tucked into a corner - look for the sign that says 'shoe repair'.
Peeps @ Holt's said they're the best.

I totally can't remember the name.

Or you could try Specialty* on Yonge!

*can't remember if this is the right name either.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Metal Morphosis said:
i remember a few years ago a friend of mine bought a pair of sandals from aldo and wore them for almost a year b4 they fell apart, she took them back to aldo and they gave her a credit to buy a new pair.
not sure if they still have such a lenient 'return' policy but it would be worth looking into, especially if your boots only lasted 3 months. definitely see how far complaining will get you!
yeah, i went in and told them the situation, but i didn't have the boots with me, and they said they couldn't do anything as 3 months had passed since the purchase date (i was procrastinating...think i went in 4 months later). anyways, now it's been a year since i bought them and i didn't think they would do anything at this point in time, however if your friend went after a year, maybe i can get something out of them? otherwise i was going to take them to novelty to get the shoe man to fix them. they're at work, so maybe i'll bring them to aldo tomorrow. :)

i think these are SO GROSS but at the same time, i kind of like them. :eek: but i am not sure if i do really like them cos i think they're ugly at the same time!!!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
^^ ^ ^ urban outfitters! :p

if you like those, mandpanda, i'm POSITIVE you'll like the ones at aldo with the ruched toe i was describing. i'm dead serious, go there and check them out!

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Bean said:
nat, you can have a shoemaker take in the boot so it fits more snugly; it's a pretty common thing to do and shouldn't be *that* expensive either (well, not sure about how much such things cost in zee UK). :)
thanks sabina! :) i'll try that.

JeSuX said:
the jennas are SO cute!!!

naturally, they don't sell them in canada.

":mad:"
sorry jess, i had no idea they don't sell them in NA.:(

i can't get the jenna's outta my head since saw them on that site. i neeeeed them. MUST. HAVE. NEW. BOOTS!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

JESuX

TRIBE Member
aklerhtakergtawk43W$^&% &*@%!#!!!!

so, i got very generously rewarded by my boss with a gift cert of $50. i think this is a sign from above that i need to get those boots i want from aldo only to go there at lunch to try them on AND THEY'RE SOLD OUT!!!

*bangs head on desk*

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
aklerhtakergtawk43W$^&% &*@%!#!!!!

so, i got very generously rewarded by my boss with a gift cert of $50. i think this is a sign from above that i need to get those boots i want from aldo only to go there at lunch to try them on AND THEY'RE SOLD OUT!!!

*bangs head on desk*

try online...the last time shoes I wanted at Aldo were sold out they had them online :)

goodluck...I can never find boots I like

kate

TRIBE Member
I ordered those white ankle boots from Zappos...i am so excited for them to arrive!

Thank god for having an New York office with cool people in it!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders