• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boots!

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Novelty Shoe Rebuilders (Yonge/Adelaide) has new management/staff and their reviews have gone down the toilet. Quite sad as Robert was an expert craftsman, doing meticulous work at a fair price.

So who's got a good boot repair place?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Novelty Shoe Rebuilders (Yonge/Adelaide) has new management/staff and their reviews have gone down the toilet. Quite sad as Robert was an expert craftsman, doing meticulous work at a fair price.

So who's got a good boot repair place?
There's a couple places I frequent, one in the PATH concourse level of commerce court north, the other in the outdoor pass through to the north/west of the Metro on front Street by the St Lawrence market.

Neither are inexpensive.

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Thanks Bernie. Names by any chance?

A good boot repair place won't be cheap but if they do quality work I'll happily pay. Robert at Novelty was a real craftsman, he could disassemble boots, build parts as needed, heck he could even make replicas of your fave boots if that's what you want.

I've heard good reviews of Sole Survivor in Kensington, anyone use them?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Thanks Bernie. Names by any chance?

A good boot repair place won't be cheap but if they do quality work I'll happily pay. Robert at Novelty was a real craftsman, he could disassemble boots, build parts as needed, heck he could even make replicas of your fave boots if that's what you want.

I've heard good reviews of Sole Survivor in Kensington, anyone use them?

For the other place, could not tell you. It's the only one in the corridor between Compass (under commerce court) and Scotia Tower. You could always check in at Harry's and all who they send their work out too as well.