• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Boots!

Fairie

TRIBE Member
For anyone planning to go to Get Outside for rainboots: don't bother! Just got off the phone with them and the sales person said they are pretty much sold out of all brands/styles. They have none of the "good sizes" left.

Their next shipment of Tretorn is in mid-April. They will be getting a shipment of another brand on Monday afternoon. She said they will go quickly.

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
Last night, I saw a large selection of rainboots with different and very cute patterns at THE BAY at yonge/ bloor. I'm pretty sure they were all on sale!

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
i can't wait to go boot shopping tomorrow!!

i want to pick up some winter boots as they're on sale, and some work fashionable sexy boots to wear
w/ skirts.

p.s I dont like the rain boot trend. It needs to die. :p

Last edited:

peko

TRIBE Member
Fairie said:
For anyone planning to go to Get Outside for rainboots: don't bother! Just got off the phone with them and the sales person said they are pretty much sold out of all brands/styles. They have none of the "good sizes" left.

Their next shipment of Tretorn is in mid-April. They will be getting a shipment of another brand on Monday afternoon. She said they will go quickly.
Tretorn boots = $75 / CSquared ( it's kind of beside Get Outside)

:( boo fiscal restraint

skyparty

TRIBE Member
rainboots are cheap at costco, (like $20) and have really cute patterns?
they look identical to alot of the boots you're paying big bucks for!!!

in other news...

GIRLS!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!

i have a pair of red leather boots, treated many times over, but new this season.

they are starting to look weathered with the wet stain look around the edges.

i tried rubbing it gently but it actually made the cloth RED!

what's a girl to do?

sarafina

TRIBE Member
I have blundstones but they give me HUGE blisters :(
Haven't even thought about what I will do when this massive amount of snow melts! Mostly been worried about my place flooding, rather than my feet being dry. hmmmm, I'm poor....so maybe I can just avoid going outside? ;)

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
skyparty said:
rainboots are cheap at costco, (like $20) and have really cute patterns?
they look identical to alot of the boots you're paying big bucks for!!!

in other news...

GIRLS!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!

i have a pair of red leather boots, treated many times over, but new this season.

they are starting to look weathered with the wet stain look around the edges.

i tried rubbing it gently but it actually made the cloth RED!

what's a girl to do?
where did you get them? maybe go into the store to ask the associates for help? what are you using to clean it?

skyparty

TRIBE Member
Hawk Eye said:
where did you get them? maybe go into the store to ask the associates for help? what are you using to clean it?
I got them at Aldo.

Last Time I went to Aldo for help with boots (the cream coloured leather ones) because they were really dirty after one wear! So i went to the place they told me to take them to get profesionally cleaned, who then told them me wouldn't touch them, and I ended up using Magic White Eraser... (thanks tribe) they gave me polish to "keep them nice" in totally the wrong colour. I put the polish on to realise Neutral, Is not off white, or creme, and in fact looks a hell of alot more like brown on my boots. I took them back, and they swore up and down they thought it would work, but "at least they look better than they did. They were almost irreparable".

$300 boots, worn twice, had to be thrown out!

because when I got dirt on them again, they were toast.
Not to mention they had a neutral stain all over them!
AND! some of the leather actually chipped right off leaving holes in the boots.

These red ones- I bought everything for them they told me.

So here we are AGAIN..................

Last edited:

Fairie

TRIBE Member
I went to Zellers last night on the way home figuring that if the Bay had boots then Zellers would as well.

Bought a very cute pair that end just below the knee and have a flower pattern for $24. Also scooped up cute plaid sneakers for $8 and ballet flats for $10. SCORE!

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Ooh, I should check that out since I could use some new shoes & have no shopping budget. I was in Zellers in the fall for some household stuff and randomly bought a cute pair of suede(ish) grey ankle boots that I was pleasantly surprised by how cute they were.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
The rainboot trend is cute, but I have yet to find a pair that I find really comfy like a nice pair of snow boots. They've all been heavy/flat/uncomfortable.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
starr said:
where? and is it still on? and did you see any pairs that were white?
Delias, if you have a friend in the States (or family) do what I did and send it to their address with free shipping. ;)