• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Boots!

peko

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
these are seriously awesome! i need me a pair like this!
where did you buy 'em?
- Get Outside had some styles on sale - not sure of prices
- Caprizo had some, I got mine at Brown's at the Bay (I got the plaid ones :D)

- Stoneridge has the Squirrely ones ($280 because they look more like a Winter/Spring boot and maybe came out later then the other styles), and maybe some other Sorel styles
- Marks Work Warehouse might have them
- B2
- Softmoc had them last year


I LOVE my Sorel boots - I had Kamik and Sorel when I was a kid, so it's kind of like a blast from the past everytime I put my boots on.
 

angelsole

TRIBE Member
those tretorn boots rock!! just searched online for those of you who feel the same and they are available at get outside on queen. they come in so many lovely colours :) i want lavender or pink ones. i already have funky rainboots but they aren't lined so i feel justified in getting these too.
 

starr

TRIBE Member
female tribers think alike :)

i saw these last night on a girl while riding the bus home and thought "those are cute, i should get some"

i also have rainboots that are unlined and feel justified buying another pair ;)
 

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
so the fashionista boots I got on boxing week are turning out to be not at all waterproof, motherfuckers, I have sprayed them with sealant a couple of times but it's just not taking. It's gonna be wet for at least another month so I'm totally willing to buy new boots - provided I can get them at the mall on a lunch hour, but it's the end of boot season so no place in the mall has any boots left between sizes 6 and 10. my poor wet feeet. :(
 

Fairie

TRIBE Member
angelsole said:
those tretorn boots rock!! just searched online for those of you who feel the same and they are available at get outside on queen. they come in so many lovely colours :) i want lavender or pink ones. i already have funky rainboots but they aren't lined so i feel justified in getting these too.

I have to get a pair of these tonight before all the snow starts melting. My not waterproof hiking boots just aren't going to cut it anymore.

What are they going for at Get Outside?
 

starr

TRIBE Member
$70, that's like free!

I want a pair of Tretorns, but I'm such a sloppy walker that I feel like I need a pair of Hunters :(
 

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i saw a pair of zebra print rain boots at town shoes and thought that they would be excellent day to day footwear.

when i start rationalizing things like this, i know it means trouble.
 

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Get outside still has boots in normal sizes? It's not the mall, butI want to head down Queen st in thenext couple days to get promise party tickets anyway....
 

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Lysistrata said:
so the fashionista boots I got on boxing week are turning out to be not at all waterproof, motherfuckers, I have sprayed them with sealant a couple of times but it's just not taking. It's gonna be wet for at least another month so I'm totally willing to buy new boots - provided I can get them at the mall on a lunch hour, but it's the end of boot season so no place in the mall has any boots left between sizes 6 and 10. my poor wet feeet. :(
If you're mainly concerned about getting to/from work with dry feet, why not just grab a pair of rain boots, keep your pretty boots at work & change? That's what I've been doing for the past month or so. My practical winter boots got a hole and I couldn't find anything I liked enough to buy so I've been wearing the rainboots I bought in the fall and swapping at work.

Obviously this has limitations if you need something to wear out at night or on the weekends though.
 

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
no rainboots are fine, but i couldn';t find any in the mall. but, now that i think about it, i forgot about the mark's work wearhouse, since it's relatively new. i'll try there now.
 

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
I bought my Mom these:



To go with her brown parka.

And I bought myself these:




To go with my grey parka. :D

YAY winter clearance!!
 

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Lysistrata said:
no rainboots are fine, but i couldn';t find any in the mall. but, now that i think about it, i forgot about the mark's work wearhouse, since it's relatively new. i'll try there now.
Gotcha. I bought my pair in the fall so I already had them on hand when my winter boots crapped out on me.

If by mall you mean Eaton Centre, there's always Payless & Shoe Company across the street too. (but maybe you tried already).

This is also reminding me about replying to your pm. Will try to do so after lunch, if not then, tonight.
 

Bean

TRIBE Member
Canadian Tire should have basic rainboots. I picked up a pair there years ago when I was land surveying.
 

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i can't believe it took the rainboot trend so long to get to Toronto. EVERYONE was wearing them in NYC when i was there in Oct 2005!! i thought we were supposed to be a fashionable city?
 
Top