• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Boots!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Yup, fall/winter boot time!

I have literally been to every store I can THINK of - and have only found one pair that I liked, that are a little out of my price range.

Is there *anywhere* that sells black matte leather shin-height boots with ROUND toes and a kitten heel? It seems like they're impossible to find!

I think I'm going to take a cruise up to pacific mall and see if I can find anything there - the usual suspects just aren't cutting it... So far, I've tried:

- sterling
- aldo
- aldo for less
- stoneridge
- feet first
- several stores on yonge street
- urban outfitters
- payless
- bata
- b2
- brown's

!!!

So, what are *you* wearing on your feet this winter?

:)

ila

TRIBE Member
The week-old Winners at the Scotia Plaza at Yonge and King is having some big boot event. They have Fryes, Seychelles and some other stuff.

:)

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i was at the college park winners too - and EVERYTHING there has those ghastly witch-points on the end.

i *hate* pointy-toed boots.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
might splurge for a pair of timberlands this year...basically i want a pair that look cute but that are warm/practical.
if not i saw a couple nice pairs at sterling and suprisingly soft moc.

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
i saw a pair of puma boots in the eaton centre i really liked today. but they were 160 dollars which is way to much for my budget.

winners is my friend! though last time i was in all the boots i liked at the top part had weird platform heels on them that i hated.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
Yup, fall/winter boot time!

I have literally been to every store I can THINK of - and have only found one pair that I liked, that are a little out of my price range.

Is there *anywhere* that sells black matte leather shin-height boots with ROUND toes and a kitten heel? It seems like they're impossible to find!
we so have the same dilemna. i have been EVERYWHERE. all i want is what you described, except i could do with just flat boots, and no kitten heel. i've seen a few cute, flat round-toed boots, but they are all suede! fuck that noise. i've ruined too many pairs of suede shoes that i know not to try that again. plus i have high arches, so unless they have a zip at the side, i usually can't get my foot in them, or i completely destroy the inside of the back of the boot by ramming my foot into it.

i have been looking for 2 years! 2 years!!!!!!! :mad: :( :mad: :(

Last edited:

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I cannot wait to wear my boots again. No kitten heals for me, just 3" heals.

oh, how I miss my heals.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
mandapanda said:
we so have the same dilemna. i have been EVERYWHERE. all i want is what you described, except i could do with just flat boots, and no kitten heel. i've seen a few cute, flat round-toed boots, but they are all suede! fuck that noise. i've ruined too many pairs of suede shoes that i know not to try that again. plus i have high arches, so unless they have a zip at the side, i usually can't get my foot in them, or i completely destroy the inside of the back of the boot by ramming my foot into it.

i have been looking for 2 years! 2 years!!!!!!! :mad: :( :mad: :(
try the aldo for less store on yonge street - they have a pair that i like in flats, but they've got treads on the bottom - the pair i want are the exact same style but with a kitten heel. the flats are going for about $130 (on sale. !!!) and the kitten heels are $100. (i should really be saving for them, as they're fucking perfect. i just can't reallllly afford to drop $100 on footwear right now, though i'm getting desperate, and i realize anything below that amount is probably going to fall apart anyway. :()

check it out though, the ones i described might be perfect for you. there's also another pair that are on sale for about $59, if i recall correctly, verrrrrrry tiny kitten heel, zips at the side, and a ruched leather bootie sort of deal at the front... (hard to describe. let me see if i can find a pic to help!)

edit: aha!

picture these, only in black - and then the rest of the leather on the boot goes up to mid-calf length:

Last edited:

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
is that the aldo near bloor street or the one at gould by sam the record man?

thanks for the tip, i will go check it out! although i did swear never to shop at aldo again after my winter boots last year fell apart after 3 months...but then i bought some shoes from them again in the summer :eek:

ps. i am also sick of every boot i see having that flappy thing at the top. i am not a pirate!!!

sarafina

TRIBE Member
any tips for boots that work with larger calves?
i have relatively small feet, but muscular calves and i can never find boots that will zip over my legs :( i haven't really looked around TOOOO much (and not yet this season)
suggestions?

oh yes, i want rounded toes, either flat or a small heel, fun/funky but plain-ish, black or brown leather (not suede)

Have a shoe dude you trust cut the boot at the top or wherever it doesn't fit and insert a vent - they'll sew it 'together' with a patch of strong elastic in the colour of the leather.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
mandapanda said:

thanks for the tip, i will go check it out! although i did swear never to shop at aldo again after my winter boots last year fell apart after 3 months...but then i bought some shoes from them again in the summer :eek:

ps. i am also sick of every boot i see having that flappy thing at the top. i am not a pirate!!!
sam the record man - though i suspect that the bloor street store would have similar/the same stock? i'm going to go check it out tomorrow just to be sure i'm not missing out.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to find any boots with round toes this season. i am convinced.

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
sarafina said:
any tips for boots that work with larger calves?
i have relatively small feet, but muscular calves and i can never find boots that will zip over my legs :(
i have the same problem. it makes me crazy, no boots will fit over my ginormous calves.

val, how much do you think a shoe guy would charge for the vent thinger?

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
mutslaster said:
i have the same problem. it makes me crazy, no boots will fit over my ginormous calves.

val, how much do you think a shoe guy would charge for the vent thinger?

Me also! fucking annoying ... I'm average height & weight but somehow NO boots will zip much past my ankles.

diwc, have you had this done? Can you recommend someone? (and yes, cost too please!).

I<3Robots

TRIBE Member
emigre said:

Hello my loves! I cannot wait until you are in my arms, and then on my feet.
I ADORE THESE! how can i find them (i promise to never approach you if we're wearing them at the same time in the same place)

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
doc martens actually has some cool (super comfy!) boots out now. i got a pair last year, round toe, zip up the side, and they're leather. the only thing i don't like about them is that they're not as snug as i'd like them to be against my calf. this season the styles are even better.

check out their site : http://www.drmartens.com/ especially the jenna high leg boot. the dana high leg/pirate's cute too.

and they'll last forever.

Bean

TRIBE Member
Pyrovitae said:
doc martens actually has some cool (super comfy!) boots out now. i got a pair last year, round toe, zip up the side, and they're leather. the only thing i don't like about them is that they're not as snug as i'd like them to be against my calf. this season the styles are even better.
nat, you can have a shoemaker take in the boot so it fits more snugly; it's a pretty common thing to do and shouldn't be *that* expensive either (well, not sure about how much such things cost in zee UK). :)

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
mandapanda said:

thanks for the tip, i will go check it out! although i did swear never to shop at aldo again after my winter boots last year fell apart after 3 months...
i remember a few years ago a friend of mine bought a pair of sandals from aldo and wore them for almost a year b4 they fell apart, she took them back to aldo and they gave her a credit to buy a new pair.
not sure if they still have such a lenient 'return' policy but it would be worth looking into, especially if your boots only lasted 3 months. definitely see how far complaining will get you!

kate

TRIBE Member
I'm going bananas for ankle boots this fall...but I can't find ANY here that I like, which pisses me off b/c I got a GREAT pair in England while I was there and saw so many more I should have bought...ahh well!

I got these in London:

The other ones I'm going nuts over but having a hard time finding them shippable to Canada are these:

These:

And as a last resort if I can't find any of the other ones these from (shudder) Aldo. I hate aldo b/c I fear everyone else having them and also that they fall apart so fast....

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member

omg! my friend who lives in london, got these in new york in black. i want a pair so badly!! is there no where online that ships them?