• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Books Books Books!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Ok so I'm looking for some new books to read.

I'm a BIG Fantasy nerd.

AD&D, Forgotten Realms, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind kinda stuff.

I've read all the major authors. I'm looking for a something "new".

I recently read Brandon Sandersons Mistborn Trilogy and really enjoyed it.

I'm cruising through the Percy Jackson books right now and I'm almost done.

Any other sword/magic fans out there?

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Not "new" but if you haven't already read them, the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis / Tracey Hickman are classics. I think I've re-read the trilogy a good 6-7 times since I first read them in highschool.

Those and the Dragonlance Legends trilogy are my favourites of all the Dragonlance books, but really anything by Weis/Hickman is a good read (IMO).

R.A Salvatore is another of my favourite authors and all of the Drizzt books are great (Dark Elf Trilogy / Legacy of the Drow Quadrilogy were my favourites).

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Not "new" but if you haven't already read them, the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis / Tracey Hickman are classics. I think I've re-read the trilogy a good 6-7 times since I first read them in highschool.
Good call. They were great in my teen years. I shall have to acquire them in ebook format.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I have all the Dragonlance books in paperback...would love to find a nice MOBI torrent.

I've read all the Drizzt books, if you like Salvatore, you should check out "The Woods Out Back"
The Woods Out Back - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First of a trilogy which still holds up to this day.

I tried to get into Terry Brooks when I was in high school but never did...maybe it's worth another shot.

Blyss, Magic Of Recluse...any end in sight? I don't want to get Wheel Of Time'd again.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Blyss, Magic Of Recluse...any end in sight? I don't want to get Wheel Of Time'd again.
Well...I don't know. I read the first couple back in the 90s and then came back to it and found that from the 3 I knew...there are now 16. The last of which came out in 2010.

So I dunno. author's website says another is on the way.

His writing style appeals to me, to I don't see it as a bad thing.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Just don't want to get sucked in and then have the author up and die before finishing the series.

I started reading The Wheel Of Time over 20 years ago and the final book still hasn't come out.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Don't get me wrong, Sanderson has been tying up loose ends faster than (insert funny comparison here) and I'm glad he's kept on track and had an outline to run with.

I just don't want to pick up any more epic storylines without a clear ending in sight.