1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Bok Bok w/ Jubilee @ the Social

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by desklight, Apr 2, 2010.

1. desklight

desklight TRIBE Member

So glad I went to this... this shit was cutting edge. I don't even know how to classify the tunes... strictly nu-school UK urban dance music.

There was a bit of dubstep, but mostly UK funky, grime and broken beat. All bass-heavy percussive party jams, nothing else.

The place was packed, I danced my ass off, got really drunk.

Egyptrixx was even in the booth for a while. Mad

2. africa

africa TRIBE Member

3. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

That tune is out there. I think I played/listened to too many shitty nu-school breaks records in the early part of the last decade so now wobble as well as tear-out bass lines ruin otherwise stellar tunes for me. Sort of like when a dish is spiced with cilantro, I can appreciate the rest of it, but that one taste is just too overpowering for me to get down.

4. africa

africa TRIBE Member

^ damaged goods

5. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

No doubt.

6. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

sounds like it was a good party. i'm not really hip enough to know these parties are worth going to before the event though.

sometimes i disregard the trendy groups as being some blend of electro and siren fidget by their dj name, promoter and venue. but i pay the price in the end.

7. topsecret

topsecret TRIBE Member

Oh man, wish I was in Toronto for that one! Was that Bok Bok's first appearance to Toronto? btw, good turn out? I would
    love to bring bok bok or l-vis to my town but am skeptical if heads
    know whats up.

8. africa

africa TRIBE Member

yep, that was his first canadian show and the turnout was good.

elliot - u sleeping!!!

9. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

yes! would love to check out L-Vis 1990

p.s. what's your town?

10. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

trying to wake up here man :)

still regret missing Faulty DL too

11. topsecret

topsecret TRIBE Member

Yeaaah l-vis's mixtapes are top notch and hearing any previews of his newest tracks would be huge! I live somewhere in between calgary and vancouver, by shambhala. Btw, are you Toby from Wexford?