• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Body Worlds 2- Science Centre

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been to this? I'm going today with my sister to check it out . It's only on Until February 26th! I've heard some great things about it and am pretty stoked.:D

See the Canadian Premiere - only here until February 26!

Provocative. Awe-inspiring. Human. Gunther von Hagens' BODY WORLDS 2: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies is a revealing and thought-provoking look at the hidden wonders of the human body.

Featuring over 200 real human specimens including entire bodies, individual organs and body slices, this exhibition offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see and understand our own anatomy and health. You'll gain a new appreciation and respect for what it means to be human.

http://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/calendar/bodyworlds2/default.asp

Last edited:

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Exploding Man is my hero
Fatty McGee is pretty gross
The Camel is pretty awesome
The Figure Skater really needs a trim downstairs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deevah

TRIBE Member
it's great
definitely not for the feint of heart

go see it but buy tix online first as it is stupidly busy

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
and just walk through the first hallway where people are standing around waiting in line. we stupidly waited a good 45 minutes in that spot for no reason other than there was a line.

exploding man was very impressive... pregnant woman kinda eerie...

i had an odd craving for a rare steak or tuna sushi after... (we had sushi)

marcinm

TRIBE Member
it was cool.. but after a while they all looked the same to me.

i enjoyed the embryo and fetus stuff.. very cool.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
tried to get in Saturday night, couldn't, got tickets for Friday... also fwiw the ticket lady said there'd been problems w/ online sales ... maybe they've fixed...

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
Ya I think Sunday is the last day to see this... thank goodness my friends and I are going to catch it... just in the nik of time!

technowelt

TRIBE Member
Do not go hung over. It made me think of prosciutto.

Like deevah said, make sure you buy tickets in advance. I tried to go 2 weeks ago on Sunday afternoon at 2pm, but they were sold out until 7pm.

My favourite was the circulatory system duck.

CO2

TRIBE Member
Yeah i saw this a few weeks ago, and was actually quite interesting and entertaining than i thought. I assumed id be freaked out with the exhibit and actually mostly found it educational, interesting and more surreal than anything else.

I cannot however justify the $20 entrance fee.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deevah

TRIBE Member
CO2 said:
I cannot however justify the $20 entrance fee.
i'll say to you as i've said to everyone else that complained about the entry fee..

i paid $5k per yr in tuition to see stuff like this, and it stank a lot worse, looked more like soup ingredients and rarely was it ever a full human body.

you're getting it @ a steal of $20 and technicolor

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
technowelt said:
Do not go hung over. It made me think of prosciutto.

Like deevah said, make sure you buy tickets in advance. I tried to go 2 weeks ago on Sunday afternoon at 2pm, but they were sold out until 7pm.

My favourite was the circulatory system duck.
hah! i went VICIOUSLY hungover and all it made me think of was prosciutto too! couldnt eat it for weeks after!

this was one of the coolest exhibits ive been too..so if you havent gone yet then get your ass in gear and GO!

the capillary system displays were my favourite :)

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
yah i thought it was a great exhibit...definitely something you won't see much of in your lifetime. the obese man was an eye opener.....and i really liked the drawer man too....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
i must've gone on "didn't know what we were getting into" day...saw an old lady faint, and two kids screaming and crying at the displays...

c.