• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Bob Sinclair

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
What's the deal with this guy, has he been here since that rave at the Warehouse in '99? Can't remember the name, I think Aphrodite was the other headliner.

Does he tour North America at all, or hit Toronto, and if not, why the hell not? Does he just sit on his throne in France and collect money?

His Essential Mix from last year is one of the best house sets I've ever heard, and "Love Generation" and "World Hold On" are in a whole other world of rediculously cheesy but awesome house. Not to mention all the ass-kicking the Africanism series does.

What do we have to do to see this guy live?

And can anyone recommend other good tracks by him?

Rob

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Some good info in that thread! I never knew he was an alias for someone else. But whoever is responsible for his Essential Mix as well as other live sets you can find is the same person who always DJs as him, right? I don't care, I just want to hear whoever that guy is play records.

And I couldn't listen to the sample of the track you posted. It may well suck balls, but no one can get in the way of me enjoying Love Generation and World Hold On... I was listening to them on the highway this morning with the windows down and the sunroof open and I was singing along like the gayest man on the planet.

But then again, I also love "One More Time" and "Lady"... and I'm not even sure if my appreciation for them is ironic or not! haha I have no shame. Fuck I even played those tracks at WEMF a few years ago!

Rob

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
He should be here in Sept. On his site he says he has September blocked off for Canadian/American dates...

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

StreetDreams

TRIBE Member
Ok ive read a lot about Bob Sinclar now and I have a question. Is it Chris Lefraint that spins when "Bob Sinclar" performs or is it just someone else?

Anyways, it says on his site that he played @ Le Complexe Millenium in Montreal on June 10th. Does anyone know if this happened?

It also says he's touring the USA & Canada from September 7th to the 17th. Hopefully he could squeeze Toronto in on the tour and hopefully he can play a decent venue this time.

Daveed

TRIBE Member
I remember he was on electric circus to promote his night. It was 2000. Taken from an old issue of Tribe
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/eppp-archive/100/201/300/tribe/2000/tribe76.pdf

DECEMBER 15th, 2000 Ð FeelinÕIt Fridays present
Elements Anniversary Weekend: Bob
Sinclar, Chris Da Frenchkiss, Ali Black, Dino &
Terry.19+ event.$10 until 12:30,$12 after.
Element Bar Ð 553 Queen St. West

That annoying hispanic EC host asked him

Q:"remember your hit single Gymtonic?...What was that like?"
A: euhhhh it vas a Disco Track with vocal sample of Jane Fonda

lol

Check out his follow up track to "Life your Leg Up" called "Rock this Party"

His essential mix was good but if you're actually heard a real live set from Radio FG or something...they're nowhere near as tight as his essential mix...but I guess the same can be said for alot of DJs

s1k

TRIBE Member
it was fete de la musique in france (and all francophone places) and they do this huge musical show in paris...it was on tv5 and he did love generation. it was pretty hype, he gets mad love there. i'm sure they'll do a repeat on it, its on Channel 66. It's a three hour show but there is a count down on the screen that counts to when he comes on.

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
We really need a booze company or something to fill the void left by Benson and Hedges. B & H were the best promo company in Toronto...lol.

Daveed

TRIBE Member
s1k said:
and cassius too...
Word...that was the best night of music of my life when they came to Toronto for their together tour 2003-02 ?? and played at the Gold Club Lounge at Guv...and now back to Bob...

JAR

TRIBE Member
I'm all for pink shirts (I've got at least 3 of them), but that is one gay-looking shirt!

Another vote for an Africanism set at Sunnyside!

IGSS

TRIBE Member
God, I'm gay and not only do I not own a pink shirt, that pink shirt is the MOST gay of all pink shirts, OH to be French!

why not

TRIBE Member
saw him at Hotel a couple years ago. cheesy club, he was OK.
he used to go a weekly radio show in paris about 7 years ago, which was one of the better ones on the air at that point.

and it is one guy - bob sinclar is just the name that he uses most of the time. DJ and producer is the same guy as far as I know.

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
Sunday September 10th @ the Kool Haus. Weird venue and weird day for Sinclar, but at least he's coming back...

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
i have a dream of throwing a party at the koolhaus, called "the french connection" featuring, sebastian leger, antoine clamaran, laurant wolf, dj antoine, daft punk, and tomas bangalter(solo)

my god that would rock the pants off