• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Board interface pole

How important is a low key color scheme on TRIBE

• 1 = Not Important

Votes: 17 12.6%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 5 3.7%

Votes: 14 10.4%

Votes: 14 10.4%

Votes: 24 17.8%
  • 7 = Very Important

Votes: 60 44.4%

• Total voters
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sugar
Enable the "who's online" feature.

The whos online feature already is on, kind of, you just need to look at the icon by their name when a post is made.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
with this new software, do you have the ability to trim the work "thread" off the end of a thread title.. It's pretty redundant and it's really bothering me lately.

Thanks

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
with this new software, do you have the ability to trim the work "thread" off the end of a thread title.. It's pretty redundant and it's really bothering me lately.

Thanks

We should implement a similar technique for all of our messages post.

zoo

TRIBE Member
1995_02_shrapnel_generic_renegade_bbs_menu.png

i wish we could go back to this software :(

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
i also like the "clean" look of the board...while other boards encourage you to add an avatar they can also make them look junky...if it were up to me:p i'd give each user the option of adding an avatar and this would be displayed by a small icon near the username that others could click on to bring it up in a small seperate window....in some chat programs there will be a small "head shot" icon beside the users nic to let people know they have a pic available...either that or change the profile page so that an image can be added rather than just a link to a homepage...as it is now profile pages are pretty much going unused...

other than that everything is just peachy

Last edited:

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
I also really like the clean look of the message board. The colours are easier on the eyes than other boards, information is easy to see/read, and the lack of clutter/avatars/signatures makes me less stabby.

Taro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kalemic
and the lack of clutter/avatars/signatures makes me less stabby.

especiallly like these features (or lack thereof). Avatars and sigs, although they can be nice, just add to visual chaos - we have too much of this 'in the real world'

Yeah, it's already bad enough with the banners taking up the top half of the page.

If the colours were anything other than a base of white with a neutral blue/grey (matching windows scheme) then I'd really be pushing it if I went here much during the day.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I vote for high-colour... as hideous as it can get
full on bright primary colours!

Tribe-Highcolour.gif

or not....
tribe_is_gray.gif

a darker colour scheme would be nice.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
I like the fact that the color is low-key and there are no avatars and all that other bullshit. I also dig the organization here. Look at rhythmism.com and you'll see an example of a board gone shite; it's disorganized and ugly.

thumbs up for how it is.