• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Blue Mikey Digital - $80

Surfer Joe

TRIBE Member
First, the product, which is still brand new, in the box. It's been plugged in, but never actually used.

What is it?

The all-new Mikey Digital is the perfect tool for mobile recording. Featuring two custom-tuned Blue capsules for stereo recording, a line-input, USB pass through and a stylish updated 230-degree rotating design, Mikey's three gain settings allow for a versatile recording experience for everything from a loud concert to a whisper. Record music, videos, interviews, guitars and more. Mikey also comes with its own soft carrying pouch for convenient storage and protection while on the go. Mikey turns your iPhone into the coolest mobile recording device around!

Blue's Mikey Digital iOS interface brings convenient stereo recording to your iPod Touch, iPhone 4/S, and iPad or iPad 2. The Mikey Digital connects to the base of your iOS device, providing go-anywhere recording with "point and shoot" simplicity. And not only does it sound great, its multi-angle positioning makes it convenient to work with. Capture song ideas on the go, record interviews at a moment's notice, or even connect your guitar to the auto-sensing 1/8" input with an adapter to play with your favorite guitar apps! No matter how you use it, you'll love the high-quality recordings you can make with the Blue Mikey Digital iOS interface. (Edit: it apparently works with the iPhone 5's adapter, too)

Second, a photo:

Third, the backstory on why I'm selling it.

I bought this on Amazon just before Christmas, had it delivered to my brother's, who lives in the U.S., to save on shipping charges, and then he brought it with him when he visited for the holidays. It's currently selling on Amazon for $87. I purchased mine primarily to record my vinyl dj sets through the mic's line-in input, as my home computer is so shite and I just wanted something quick and easy to capture sets on the fly.

When I plugged it in, however, it wouldn't turn on, so I figured it must be the fact that I hadn't at that time upgraded to the iOS6, as it would work on every other iPhone user's phone I knew (Well, I tested it out on three people's).

It turns out that it's just my phone. Even after I updgraded, the mic still wouldn't turn on, so I brought my phone to the Apple store for their take on the problem. The pins on my phone's connector are apparently bent so the microphone won't sit properly. SO DISAPPOINTING AND ANNOYING! I guess I could get my phone repaired, but that would likely be pricey. The irritating guy at the Apple store took about 3 seconds to recommend just getting a new phone, which isn't in the budget.

Anyway, if you're looking for a portable, usually user-friendly, simple recording device for your iphone, pm me. I live in the Little India but work downtown so am flexible on pick-up or drop off in those areas. $80 firm.