• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Blue Jays 2015

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Good signing. Melky is going to get a lt of money when he finally signs after Christmas. Which is to late for the jays. Now go get Lester.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Lots of cheddar for a 31 year old catcher. Still like the signing. Rumor mill has the Jays pushing hard for Andrew Miller. That would be our closer for the next 5 years.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Much better player then Navaro. Handles a pitching staff much better.

Melky's value has gone way up in te last week. With Cuddyer's contract by the over paying Mets. Stanton's extension with the Marlins, and Cuban outfielders who have never waved a bat at a pitch in America. He is also likely to wait awhile before signing and te jays can't afford to wait on that.

They may also be paying for some leadership qualitys. It isn't really knew news, but leadership in the jays dressing room doesn't seem to be there at all.

He and Lawrie probably have to kiss and make up after the last WBC. But that's not much .

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Martin - .290, 11 HR, 67 RBI, 4 SB, .402 OBP, .832 OPS, 140 wRC+
Cabrera - .301, 16 HR, 73 RBI, 6 SB, .351 OBP, .808 OPS, 125 wRC+

I think it's obvious that Cabrera will go wherever he gets paid. I also think we shouldn't hold our breath on Jon Lester.

Martin was the one guy I was rooting for the Jays to sign this offseason, so I'm a happy camper. Would also like to see the Jays perhaps offer up Happ for someone like Jarrod Dyson. Whether he's available is up for debate.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I really like Martin behind the plate, it's an improvement and i like the way he calls a game.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I was never a fan of the Dickey trade. However it's pretty much a wash considering wat the players the jays have given up, to ths point.

I am a little surprised to hear more and more that Dickey and Gibbbons didn't get along and had it out a few times or more. And that he generally wasn't liked he the club house. Though he does come of as a bit of a douchbag in interviews.

But to just hear Jerry Howarth talk about Adam Lind and his real lack of intensity since 2009 was a little eye opening and might make a little more sense to his being traded.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Did you read Dickey's book? It was incredibly preachy but also a good insight into his makeup and character. I would be surprised RA is a douchebag behind closed doors after all that he's gone thru, but, then again, I have no fucking clue and nor does anyone else.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Well it seems to be leaking out more and more that he's a douchbag tat doesn't fit well in the clubhouse.

Yes I read te book. However know it all assholes are know it all assholes no matter what they've been through. If in fact he is that

When, if they trade him. I'm sure we will be hearing more.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I assume, by douchbag or jackass. What is being hinted at is a well educated man who instead of speaking in lamens terms uses very big words when talking to others in the clubhouse like he does on the radio.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Big price to pay, 4 for 1 deal.
your kidding right? I don't give a shit how many players are going the other way, 3 are certainly unproven and you can even make a case that 4 are. Lawrie is still potential but he has only shown spurts of elite talent.

The only concern I have is that Nolan turns into something the Jays need.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Good trade for both teams - works for the Jays cause we're in Win now, works for Oakland because they're always on a budget. Still need a lefty bat and some speed. After that let's concentrate on improving the pitching. Nolin will probably flourish in the spacious O.Co.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*