• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Blue Jays 2012

SJN

TRIBE Member
Anyone know of a source for how Guerrero is hitting? Because he's in extended spring training, rather than MiLB I can't find his results anywhere.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Pat and Buck are the bestest announcers EVA.

"Do you think you sets pitchers up?"
"Yes, yes I do" "I think he swings at a pitch sometimes and makes it look really bad. Then the pitcher comes back with that same pitch and he smokes it'

What the fuck?

videotronic

TRIBE Member
I love that he plays with agression, but not that it extends to his interactions with officials. I have a real concern that he's going to lose his cool one day and do something really stupid -- I thought the helmet toss suspension would have taught him a lesson, but the way he went at the ump the other night makes me question whether he learned anything.
two words:

roid

rage

Silverback92

TRIBE Member
Pat and Buck are the bestest announcers EVA.

"Do you think you sets pitchers up?"
"Yes, yes I do" "I think he swings at a pitch sometimes and makes it look really bad. Then the pitcher comes back with that same pitch and he smokes it'

What the fuck?

I see this happening, you set the pitcher up so you know whats coming...swing at the first one like a girl, then when he throws it again you know whats coming and you can let loose. it's a game within a game

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I'm allowed to bring a guest to my company's luxury box for the June 14th game vs. the Phils. (including free food and booze) Can you believe I couldn't find anyone til the last second?

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Blue Jays’ hitters accused of stealing signs again

Jason Hammel gave up a career-high four homers to the Toronto Blue Jays, and it was their aggressive swings on his breaking balls that left the right-hander asking questions.

Jason Hammel had given up three home runs in nine starts before giving up four to the Blue Jays on Wednesday.

Edwin Encarnacion hit one of Toronto’s four solo home runs, pitcher Brandon Morrow left the game after being struck by a line drive and the Blue Jays beat the Baltimore Orioles 4-1 Wednesday night to complete a three-game sweep.

Hammel (6-2) lost for the first time since April 30 at the New York Yankees. He gave up four runs and a season-high nine hits in 6 ? innings, walked two and struck out five.

“When you’re not locating your fastball, you’re going to give up some home runs there,” Hammel said. “But the swings they were taking on the breaking stuff, it was pretty amazing to me. I don’t think you can take swings like that not knowing they’re coming. I don’t know. That’s all I can say.”

The Blue Jays were featured in an ESPN report in August that accused the team of using a man dressed in white in the centre-field seats to relay information to hitters. Weeks earlier, Yankees manager Joe Girardi accused the Blue Jays of stealing signs during a visit to Toronto.

Hammel acknowledged being aware of the prior accusations.

“There’s rumours and things like that,” he said. “I don’t know. I can’t speak on that, but they were taking very big, strong hacks on breaking stuff. It’s something I’ve never seen before.”

source

Blue Jays

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
When you can't spot your fastball the batters are going to focus on another pitch. Suck it up Meat, you got rocked

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Been reading that blog for years. Check out getting blanked over at the score as well. Another great daily read.