• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Blue Jays 2011

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
Jays promote alvarez from double-a...to start wednesday

The Jays announced on Tuesday that right-hander Henderson Alvarez has been recalled from Double-A New Hampshire. The 21-year-old Alvarez has posted an 8-5 record in 15 games. He has thrown one complete game and has posted a 2.86 ERA on the season. In last five starts in Double-A, he's 4-0 with a 2.20 ERA.

bring on the kids!!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Silverback92

TRIBE Member
They say they're working on his slider which will give him a 3rd pitch, he sounds like a bullpen guy to me. The 100mph fastball got him this far, the big boys can catch up to that especially if it's coming in straight/flat. I say knock a few mph off it to give it some movement like Morrow's (when he's on his game). Or he'll just end up being another Brandon League.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
cry babies. a-rod's yelling "i got it" and winning games and it's cool, but when the damn yanks are getting fucked they whine like a little bitch. fuck them.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I heard one idea I would love to see. That is Jays fans impromptu white shirt wearing to tonights games and perhaps more.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Wilner points out that razing of Bautista that happened in "early spring 2010" when Joeybats was batting under .200 with 4 homeruns and a nobody

SJN

TRIBE Member
I know breaks an 'unwritten rule', but players and teams have been stealing signs for over 100 years -- so who cares. It can be easily combatted if the catcher uses dummy signs.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Toronto hit 58% of their home runs at home and the Yankees hit 57% of their home runs at home. The Yanks must be stealing signs also.

SJN

TRIBE Member
From the article "the 2010 Jays had the highest isolated power (slugging percentage minus batting average) of any team since 1954." Sign-stealing aside, I didn't know that until know -- thats a pretty remarkable stat.

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Henderson Alvarez reminds me of a young Julian Tavarez. Pretty much the same windup, same movement on his fastball and similar heat, except Julian's got a crater face.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders