• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Blue Jays 2004

Zorro

TRIBE Member
So I know not everybody is a Baseball fan.
However I love Baseball and so I'll start this years Blue Jays thread with some GREAT NEWS!!!

TORONTO -- AL Cy Young Award winner Roy Halladay and the Toronto Blue Jays agreed Thursday to a $42 million, four-year contract.

Halladay, 22-7 with a 3.25 ERA last season, gets $6 million this year, $10.5 million in 2005, $12.7 million in 2006 and $12.8 million in 2007.

He would have been eligible for free agency after the 2005 season.

Halladay made $3,875,000 last season, when he set a team record for wins. He had asked for $9 million in salary arbitration, and the Blue Jays had offered $6.5 million. If they had not reached an agreement, the case would have been decided by arbitrators next month.

A durable pitcher whose 266 innings in 2003 led the AL for the second straight year, Halladay tied Toronto's record by winning 15 consecutive decisions last season.

In his major league career, he is 59-31 with a 3.84 ERA in 119 starts and 25 relief appearances.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Blah!!!! thats last years thread.
New Year and the Yankees ship is sinking and the Red Sox are always caught in shallow waters.

Jays can out hit either club. The Red Sox had Career years from to many people to expect that kind of offense again this year. where as the Jays have players in or just hitting there prime, not to mention all the young talent in the farm.

and there pitching has drasticlly improved!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
No such thing as last years thread. One leafs thread, one jays.

Yeah but the leafs have been writting the same story for 37 years hence the one thread.

The Jays are now into Book 3! :D

kuba

TRIBE Member
book three

meaning? another year of almost contending, but not quite

2005 is supposed to be "the" year

but by then delgado's contract is up so he might be gonzo like alonzo mourning

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Even if Delgado goes it doesn't matter it will free up 20 Million dollars of 50 million payroll they can then spend on pitching and some bats of the bench. Wells and Hinske (yes Hinske) are going to be primier RBI men in this league and with two Super ss in the minors don't be surprised if by 2005 Hinske might be playing first.
Beleive me the Jays have one of the best farm systems in the league both Pitching prospects and hitting prospects Alex Rios is thought to be the best player in the minors and if he makes the club this year should give a good run at rookie of the year.

As for this year your right about almost contending but that has more to do with the Yankees and Red Sox in the same divison. However neither one of those teams can afford to make a mistake this year. Or the Jays will pounce. Come on just look at those new uniforms. he he.

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
Won't matter, they'll still finish 3rd in the division, yet again.

1. New York
2. Boston
3. Toronto
4. Baltimore
5. Tampa Bay

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Anybody seen the New Blue Jays ad campaign???

Facking hilarious. :D

specially the one where the guy trades his girlfriend to a scalper for Jays tickets.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
The tickets are always too expensive.
I love baseball. :(

Wow somebody else that like Baseball.
I thought we were a dying breed. the trick is 4 dollar tickets get drunk then move down and Heckle. ;)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
hinske has to bounce back and regain his form from his rookie year.

wells is just plain dirty,best all round player on the team by a mile,no question

delgado,well carlos is well known for having a mediocre year avg. wise after an excellent one,but will still put up 30+ hr and 100rbis,thats a given.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
The tickets are always too expensive.
I love baseball. :(
Are you on crack? It's actually cheaper to go to a Jays game then it is a movie.

Toonie tuesdays.

Or $8 for ticket in the 500 level.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
hinske has to bounce back and regain his form from his rookie year.

wells is just plain dirty,best all round player on the team by a mile,no question

delgado,well carlos is well known for having a mediocre year avg. wise after an excellent one,but will still put up 30+ hr and 100rbis,thats a given.

Hinske is the first baseman of the future ;) but i agree he needs to raise that avg. but his rbi and doubles where pretty good if you look at the ab's.

Wells is about to become the Pujols of th AL. except he can play CF like it's nobody business. Should have won a gold glove except his nice smooth strides make the play look so simple he gets over looked.

Carlos is in a Contract Year and is Playing for a contract with either the Red Sox or Dodgers. ;)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
phelps will have another great season aswell

270. 25 75

...alot of great hitters on the team,but pitching is still questionable.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking Jason Arnold is closer to the show then they were predicting this spring. His stuff has been down right nasty so far.

The farm is stocked with so MUCH talent. J.P. is help proving my theory that Billy Beane was a fluke who surrounded himself with very SMART and KNOWLEDGEABLE people.

The thing with Phelps is he needs to learn to work the Pitcher more goes up there hacking to much but yeah he looks like a young McGwire.

kuba

TRIBE Member
sO FAr thats three. who else? I checked, and tickets are mightily available still. Id be interested in sitting up in the boondocks though.

Brett, Zorro......

Last year we got quite the crew going. Im sure we can replicate.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Oh and It's Detroit so that almost guarantees a win and lots of mudslinging.
YEAH FOR PLAYING THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

booo that the Tigers happen to be my second fav. team