• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

bludklat theory!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
craze was in a zone! roni dropped fakkin TUNES!!!!!!!!

the visuals were excellent! had a fun time. good to see some old and familiar faces.

must sleep. getting old.

i can't believe i ate mcdonalds.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Jay P

TRIBE Member
WoW!!! Did u see the mixer they were using!!
I had fun with it earlier during the set up...

DJM-909_TOP_hi.jpg

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/pro_dj/mixers/djm909/

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jay P
WoW!!! Did u see the mixer they were using!!
I had fun with it earlier during the set up...

DJM-909_TOP_hi.jpg

That mixer came out just a few weeks ago. They have one down in the shop at Kops records. It's absolutely retarded. It's almost too much.

jeremy -toys- jive

Opel

TRIBE Promoter
^^^ that is quite the mixer, im afraid of the cost tho....

Everything about this nite was faaaantastic.

Marcus and Ruckus...great set. Smooth mixes, and big tunes....

Then Craze just tore shit up...no wonder this guy is multiple times over world champion. That one move where he had his back to the tables, arms crossed around himself, beat juggling the two tracks and not looking while doing so was unbelievable. I couldnt believe what i was seeing on the screen.

Roni Size was DOPE! Awesome tracks...crowd was goin nuts the whole time. Im suprised he had a pretty long set.

I left right when Kenny was going on, so couldnt tell ya from there. But definatly worth the trip from London....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

patri©k

TRIBE Member
there was one tune that roni dropped...that had an interesting beginning... sorta a 'soca' sound.... it sounded awesome!

or was I just hearing things ?

Opel

TRIBE Promoter
that Pioneer website link above said RRP: $$2499 inc. GST
which i think is around the same $$ as the djm600

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Opel
that Pioneer website link above said RRP: $$2499 inc. GST
which i think is around the same $$ as the djm600
That would make it up there in the top 5 most expensive mixers available. Up there with the Rane rotary, Allen & Heath, Pioneer 600, Vestax R-1 and such.

It is a gorgeous piece but not worth that much at all. The fx processor has two banks with 6 options in each. And for example, the flange has 50 different preset settings and types that you can choose from. Thats just in the flange. And there are actually two seperate fx processors so you can a different effect running on each channel at the same time.

jeremy -still won't make you a better mixer- jive

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
...there is a new-ish tune with a soca breakdown you are correct...

...Roni smashed it hardcore...the Kool Haus looked great as well...fun night...

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
wow, that was a great night out!

craze's intro was dirty! I wasn't really feeling his entire set but the turntablism thing that he finished the night off with was on point!!!

roni size, KILLED IT! wow
straight from the intro it was dirty tune after dirty tune.. those Full Cycle mega-mixes that he dropped were SICK!!!!!
and yeah, that soca sounding tune had the place going offff!!!!

kenny was aight.. really techy sounding stuff with dirty basslines. however, the system sucked ass so his set sounded like one continuous bassline.

i was too tired to stick around for Tommy (my favourite toronto dj), anyone got any opinions on his set?

Last edited:

kate

TRIBE Member
Tommy was wicked, he played an excellent set for the morning, lots of smoothed out stuff! I thought Roni Size was absolutely pheomenal, his set was nice and long and diverse, I was loving every second of it. I think that was one of our best parties. The vibe in the koolhaus was PHENOMENAL!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kate
The vibe in the koolhaus was PHENOMENAL!

I agree..
towards the start of the night (actually, up until the end of craze's set) no one was vibing.. it actually felt kinda tense inside the place.. lots of drunk people, lots of pushing, etc. Once Roni came on, the vibe totally shifted direction and everyone was in a great mood from then on. That place went OFF to Roni!

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Had a great night! Like everyone else mentioned, Craze and Roni killed it. Usually I walk away from the big parties complaining about the MC ruining it, etc, but that was not the case last night. They were present, but it didn't seem to bother me. No complaints here.

Did anyone else find the sound system to be a little too bass heavy? I found it rather distorted at times. No big deal, just curious if it was just me.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
wow

that was the best party in a long time. if you missed it, you missed out.

craze is an unbelievable performer and roni size lived up to the hype. and then some.

awesome crowd. everyone dancing and making merry.

props to tasc, marcus and the theory crew for consistently throwing the best parties in toronto.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
:D

had a fucking great time! sick. So glad I made it out for this.
Roni kicked ass. Left shortly after Kenny came on, so I missed his set.
still, awesome tunes,good posse, alot of weed & booze & dancing = sweet night :)

PS. me and the ksmac looked high (heehee) & low all bloody night for Stuffin & Red Turtle to no avail. next time, we set a designated time & place.

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
I also had a wikked time..
lots of familar faces wondering around (made me fell like I was 18 all over again) *wipes tear*

The production level (decor, Lights , sound) was amazing.

and the vibe was great

Ill most deffy try to hit events like this more regularly

NEXT EVENT: WODNB Miami :) (here I come baby)

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
:D

had a fucking great time! sick. So glad I made it out for this.
Roni kicked ass. Left shortly after Kenny came on, so I missed his set.
still, awesome tunes,good posse, alot of weed & booze & dancing = sweet night :)

PS. me and the ksmac looked high (heehee) & low all bloody night for Stuffin & Red Turtle to no avail. next time, we set a designated time & place.

fuck you were there?? I was looking all over ALL night for you skunks:(