1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Blu-Ray Movies

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Eclectic, Oct 7, 2008.

1. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I might be selling mine when the new Super edition comes out that has Tales of the Black Freighter woven in. I have no idea when this is though.

2. Possibly March, I've heard.

Fight Club is out in Nov, and I think they're giving it the proper treatment.

3. Inglorious Basterds - Dec 15th

4. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Star Trek in less then a month!

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

720p rip online if you're so inclined.

6. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

I like to geek it out and hold off watching movies until they are in uber hidef :)

7. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

can't wait for startrek even though i've watched it like 10 times from all the other rips.

8. deep

deep TRIBE Member

ten eighty too

9. Blue Meanies

Blue Meanies TRIBE Member

How much are blue-ray movie discs?

I have my entire HD movie collection on a hard drive which is connected directly to my tv.

Was going to pickup a ps3 for games and movies but its so nice not having to swap discs.

10. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

They're close to $30 sometimes for new releases.

Lobo

11. deep

deep TRIBE Member

heat is going to be out on br soon - 720p rip kicking around

12. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

It's been dead in here! Anyways just picked up Minority Report and Avatar. Both were released this week and have gotten amazing reviews for picture and sound. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Not surprisingly, Avatar's been designated the be all, and end all, of demo material.

13. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Yeah I guess I should have posted the Avatar bluray info in this thread instead of the Avatar thread in the main section. Anyways, they say this movie takes up the entire disc (46GB) and has an average bitrate of mid to high 30s which is normally unheard of.

Now to decide whether to get this version or the one coming out in November....

Lobo

14. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

omg srsly. I WAS going to wait till Nov but.... I still probably will.

15. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

i want it to see it, but i want to shoot myself in the face for wanting it

16. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

17. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

any reviewwwws

18. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Not personal but I got a text this weekend:

"Avatar Blu-ray is INSANE!"

19. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

I still can't believe I haven't seen Watchman yet.

So disappointed in myself

20. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

one of the best audio presentations on any BD ever. amazing picture as well

the BD is the directors cut, which gets a little sluggish in places, but the quality of the presentation is 2nd to none

21. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

George Lucas announces Star Wars Blu-ray release, reveals Return Of The Jedi deleted scene

We spent the weekend debating the merits of Gary Kurtz’s proposed bummer of an ending to Return Of The Jedi versus George Lucas’ desire to sell some plush dolls, but there’s one thing upon which all Star Wars fans can surely agree: The vastly superior “special edition” version of the original trilogy, with all its crucial CGI Dewbacks and “Greedo shot first” improvements to the characterization, is the only version worth owning—so fortunately that’s just what you’ll get on the Blu-ray release of the franchise in fall 2011. Lucas made the announcement at this year’s blessedly David Prowse-free Celebration V, saying that the set would include all six of the Star Wars films with remastered digital derpty durrrr etc., plus some bonus footage.

You can get your first glimpse of that bonus footage here: A deleted scene intended as the original opening of ROTJ, where Luke Skywalker constructs his new lightsaber while his dad stands outside the bedroom door of his mind and gets all up in his business. Watch it quickly before Lucasfilm finds out.

George Lucas announces Star Wars Blu-ray release, reveals Return Of The Jedi deleted scene | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club

22. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

fuck.

looks like i'm buying it again....except this time i'll be forced to get the prequels when I upgrade.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

23. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

Hah, no kidding. Episode 1 is NOT included in my DVD set.

I'll Jedi mind-trick my PS3 when I fire the BD up. This isn't the episode you're looking for...

24. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Awesome news!

I remember it taking years to come out on DVD too.

25. Fuck Lucas. There's no way I'm buying any other copies of his stuff until he restores the originals. His special editions can get the bozak.