• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Blondes!!

She

TRIBE Member
Being blonde is great, fun, yadda, yadda, yadda...but it's hard to get the perfect shade of blonde hair. I am a natural dirty blonde, but I get it dyed lighter to a light wheat colour (which is hard to find a hairdresser who understands the shade of blonde I mean). I like having really light hair, but there is a fine line between stripper blonde and a nice classy platinum.
My hair pulls yellow, so I constantly use purple shampoo..but it never stays longer than a few days in that shade. Frustrating! I like my hair colour for the first couple weeks after I get it done and then I hate it after that.
Secondly, my hair is pretty brittle from overprocessing..I use Infusium leave in condioner..what other leave in treatments are good? suggestions?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Go brunette!

(Probably not the answer you want to hear...) ;)

I was blond up until last November, and due to the whole over processing/root issues I decided to go brunette...

My hair is healthier, and cheaper to maintain...

sugar

TRIBE Member
I'm getting my hair highlighted tonight! It's only the third time I've ever had it coloured, so I am nervous and excited. I'm just sick of it being this sort of non-colour. I guess it's dirty blonde, but it's such an in-between shade. I'm getting two shades of blonge put in, so hopefully it'll look fairly natural. I'll report back tomorrow :)

deevah

TRIBE Member
200.jpg

very good conditioner for coloured hair..closes the cuticle and locks the colour in which means you'll keep the shade you want for longer

also check your water conditions - i know i have a lot of rust in my water which changes the colour (especially the blond). I've put in a shower filter (costs $30 @ CrappyTire) to help combat tainting of the colour. I'm asian and i'm still pretty darn blond 4 wks later.

She

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
I'm getting my hair highlighted tonight! It's only the third time I've ever had it coloured, so I am nervous and excited. I'm just sick of it being this sort of non-colour. I guess it's dirty blonde, but it's such an in-between shade. I'm getting two shades of blonge put in, so hopefully it'll look fairly natural. I'll report back tomorrow :)

From your pics I would say you are fairly light for a natural blonde, lucky you!Good luck getting your hightlights, its amazing what just a bit of lightening can do to make the overall look so much brighter! The roots suck though...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

She

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
200.jpg

very good conditioner for coloured hair..closes the cuticle and locks the colour in which means you'll keep the shade you want for longer

also check your water conditions - i know i have a lot of rust in my water which changes the colour (especially the blond). I've put in a shower filter (costs $30 @ CrappyTire) to help combat tainting of the colour. I'm asian and i'm still pretty darn blond 4 wks later.

hmmm..great idea with the water filter!

She

TRIBE Member
sugar said:

I am getting my hair done tomorrow, roots are driving me crazy. Here is a pic of my hair the last time I got it done (about 7 weeks ago). I like the shade here...no yellow, but this honestly only looked this way for about a week then it got pretty brassy. The dark underneath, if you can see it, is WAY to dark and it will be taken out tomorrow as well.
(yikes, first pic I ever posted on Tribe....somehow I feel so much safer doing it in the girly forum!)
L.696.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JESuX

TRIBE Member
she - do you use a lot of product in your hair?

i find things like hair spray, mousse, etc. really flatten the colour out and make it brassy...

i'm a redhead naturally, but i went blonde many a time...

the best product i found (gasp!) was "silver brights" shampoo - and then l'oreal vitamino conditioner. the purple shampoo helped keep it nice and un-brassy - and the vitamino conditioner does *wonders* for your hair.

bottom line, in terms of keeping the colour - is to wash it as little as possible, and keep your hair out of direct sunlight if possible! uv rays will mess up your shit, man.

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
Redken has a great line of hair products. I use their shampoo and cond (for colored hair- red bottle) works very well. I also use their ANIT SNAP product (blue bottle) on wet hair to keep it strong and to stop it from breaking due to the damage i put it through with product, colors, flat irons etc.

great stuff.

She- Love that hair color on you. Good luck tomorrow on the new color!!!

She

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
she - do you use a lot of product in your hair?

i find things like hair spray, mousse, etc. really flatten the colour out and make it brassy...

i'm a redhead naturally, but i went blonde many a time...

the best product i found (gasp!) was "silver brights" shampoo - and then l'oreal vitamino conditioner. the purple shampoo helped keep it nice and un-brassy - and the vitamino conditioner does *wonders* for your hair.

bottom line, in terms of keeping the colour - is to wash it as little as possible, and keep your hair out of direct sunlight if possible! uv rays will mess up your shit, man.

yeah..I do use some product which probably doesnt help. I use Aveda Blue Malva and it does help with brassiness..just never stays.
As soon as summer hits my hair gets screwed! I think thats why I hate my hair so much right now, the sun has made it a horrible over bleached look...yuck.

She

TRIBE Member
PolishPrincess said:
Redken has a great line of hair products. I use their shampoo and cond (for colored hair- red bottle) works very well. I also use their ANIT SNAP product (blue bottle) on wet hair to keep it strong and to stop it from breaking due to the damage i put it through with product, colors, flat irons etc.

great stuff.

She- Love that hair color on you. Good luck tomorrow on the new color!!!

I think I will invest in some Redken products, for sure..I think I need some anti snap as I flat iron my hair like crazy. My hair is naturally wavy and super thick...it looks NOTHING like it does in the above pic in its natural form. I know I have done damage to my hair from the flat iron..but I'm addicted. Chi flat iron is the bomb diggity btw.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
She said:
yeah..I do use some product which probably doesnt help. I use Aveda Blue Malva and it does help with brassiness..just never stays.
As soon as summer hits my hair gets screwed! I think thats why I hate my hair so much right now, the sun has made it a horrible over bleached look...yuck.

I swear aveda products strip your hair of everything good.
I have always been fairly light blonde naturally, but this fall I'm thinking about going red. :eek:

ila

TRIBE Member
I find that if you throw in a few lowlights or highlights with your base, it makes for less brassy times and keeps the colour looking more fresh and multi-dimensional for longer. It also lets you grow out a longer root, which means less trips to the salon.

I've been dying my dark brown hair blonde since I was like, 7, and I find the products out there for dyed blonde hair only make my colour more flat and brassy. I generally use a shampoo for colour treated hair (I use kerastase, but it's retarded expensive for what it is) and a conditioner for fine hair (because that's what I'm working with) and I rarely have problems with brassiness or colour fade or any of that.

I've used the silver brights or lights stuff before and it turned my shit purple so I'm off it. At the very least, I say invest in an expensive shampoo and try to use as little styling product and gloop on your mop as possible.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
did you use the shampoo and conditioner, or just the shampoo?

i found the conditioner totally turned my hair white/silver/blue and i looked like i was 107.

the shampoo alone and separate conditioner seemed to do the trick though.

fug. i wanted to go blonde again this summer - but i wailed on my hair so hardcore the last time i dyed it, it isn't having anything to do with it.

*strokes hair*

:(

ila

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
did you use the shampoo and conditioner, or just the shampoo?

i found the conditioner totally turned my hair white/silver/blue and i looked like i was 107.

lol

yeah, I used both and I was playing canasta and bingo with the rest of the blue hair brigade for about a week after.

BUMMER.

Jess, isn't your hair the prettiest shade of red now, ever? don't fuck with that. I want to go darker pretty badly right now, but it's summer and I'll keep it blonde through 'til September at which point I'm going brown again. I'm serious this time too.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i jusssst fixed it up last night - got it back within half a shade of au naturel!

it feels weird after having all that light/blonde in it though... but i'll just stick to my "cheater's hair" (read: blonde extensions) when i'm feeling saucy.

:D

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
I swear aveda products strip your hair of everything good.
I have always been fairly light blonde naturally, but this fall I'm thinking about going red. :eek:

YES! come to the dark side! muhahahaha! :D

skipper youre a blonde bombshell but it would be interesting to see you as a redhead - i say go for it!
i went firery red a couple of months ago but the sun has since faded it back to a nice strawberry blonde. think im gonna go auburn in a week or two..