1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Blogs/Sources of Info

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by coleridge, Sep 28, 2010.

1. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Anybody got links to some good music production blogs, or review websites etc...

I want to get back in to it after a few years off. I'm way out of the loop when it comes to what plugins are hot these days.

2. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I'm getting back into it after a few years as well. Nothing has changed except everything got a little more complicated to use.

3. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

there are a couple good sources - they've been around for a while so you might have seen these already: Gearslutz forum/website (Gearslutz.com) and the Tweakheads blog/site has some good basic pointers (but I don't think its updated very frequently at all). Anyway there's a couple obvious ones. I find the Steinberg Cubase forum useful (because I use Cubase, lol).

If anyone knows of some good resources for vst fx, etc (free or cheap) post 'em here too. :)

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

its kind of like getting back into dating innit

5. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Matt if you ever want to hook up and go through some stuff... no problem man.. Just let me know, I'm totally down.. Gleeson was over a few times last month for the same... You should come by .. or come join us when he comes by next... And if you need it I can hook up up with some soft gear...

whats your DAW of choice?

6. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I've been using Cubase since 2000.

But I'm switching to Ableton as I think it's much better for getting ideas out there quick. I've been playing with Ableton for a few years now.

That said I rarely make anything, and I still haven't done anything since I first posted this thread. :)

7. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Used Cuebase myself years ago.. been using Live 7/8 for a little over 2 years I suppose..

Well anytime you want to hook up Matt I'm down.. open invitation... in the mean time.. allow me to spam my new one for your listening pleasure! :p

Darren Marshall - Darren Marshall - Slap Jack (Unsigned Preview, Unmastered) - SoundCloud

enjoy!