• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

blind date

quantumize

TRIBE Member
have you ever been on one ? if the answer is yes would you care to share the experience [good or bad]

i'm imagining that overall the sucess rate of blind dates is low, but i want to hear firsthand from people who have experienced them

[P.S blind date the tv show is verry funny and roger lodge owns]

q u a n t u m i z e

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kmac

TRIBE Member
I've been on several blind dates. Most were bad but a few were good, although nothing ever really came of them.

Good luck!

PS: I think they should do an episode of Blind Date where someone gets to go out with Roger Lodge (i.e. ME)

kmac

TRIBE Member
Basically, it's like this: I am a much better judge of who I would like than my friends are. While the dates may have been pleasant (good conversations, good food, lots of booze) there was nothing really there in terms of attraction, chemistry, a "connection" (whatever you want to call it).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Well, it wasn't meant to be a blind date... it all started on the internet and we exchaged pics.
Needless to say, when we decided to meet, he told me that's his brother's picture... so obviously this was a blind date.

Let's just say he didn't look anything like his brother... and all goes downhill from there.
Like I mean, really bad.
He pulled up to my building in a van, only to find out that he JUST stole that van from the Dominions on Don Mills/Lawrence, because he didn't have a car.
So I had to wear gloves to make sure I won't leave fingerprints when he "drops back" the van.

It was bad.
To this day, I wll remember this "date" to its finest details, how the fuck can I forget?

quantumize

TRIBE Member
thankX kmac, for sharing

the reason i ask is because i think im going on my 1st blind date this week and i'm really nervous.

yesterday i started getting a good feeling about it, because i trust my friend, but then yesterday night i heard some horror stories and now i'm extremley anxious and apprehensive about it

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Well, it wasn't meant to be a blind date... it all started on the internet and we exchaged pics.
Needless to say, when we decided to meet, he told me that's his brother's picture... so obviously this was a blind date.

Let's just say he didn't look anything like his brother... and all goes downhill from there.
Like I mean, really bad.
He pulled up to my building in a van, only to find out that he JUST stole that van from the Dominions on Don Mills/Lawrence, because he didn't have a car.
So I had to wear gloves to make sure I won't leave fingerprints when he "drops back" the van.

It was bad.
To this day, I wll remember this "date" to its finest details, how the fuck can I forget?

see stories like this make me not want to go on the date !!!!!!!!!

OhNo!

TRIBE Member

Like I mean, really bad.

It was bad.

shit,that woulda been a prime opportunity to have hot anal sex in a stolen grocery van.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Approach it like you would if you were going on a date with someone you know already. You'll be fine.

Like I said before, arrange a date like going for drinks or coffee that takes an hour or so. If it sucks, then you can leave after. If it's going great, then you can suggest continuing the date further.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member

Like I mean, really bad.

It was bad.

FUCKING YIKES! ...I would have jumped out of the moving van and rolled.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SuperKennyK
FUCKING YIKES! ...I would have jumped out of the moving van and rolled.
It did end sooner than expected, but I stayed as I got a free dinner at "The Friendly Greek" at Danforth/Pape area.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
My mom keeps trying to fix me up with her friends son who lives down the street from me and is an architect.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should go, I uno, I remeber t his guy how his was at 12 (a brat) but maybe he's different at 28?

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i have been single a while and to be honest i'm very happy.

i'm a little hesitant to go on a blind date but i intend to go into it with an open mind and an optomistic outlook

i just don't wnt to come back with a horror story

and where's sunny : he has to tell me what to wear !!!!

i have to go to lecture now but i'l be back very soon keep the suggestions and stories comming please

q u a n t u m i z e
[any time i look descent it's because somebody has picked out my outfit]

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
Approach it like you would if you were going on a date with someone you know already. You'll be fine.

Like I said before, arrange a date like going for drinks or coffee that takes an hour or so. If it sucks, then you can leave after. If it's going great, then you can suggest continuing the date further.

I've never been on one, but this sounds like great advice.

that way you are not trapped in a 3 hour dinner or whatever with someone you may not like. and like she said you can always say something like "do you want to grab some dinner" if it's going well.

i'd think pretty casual as well so your able to be yourselves and relaxed

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize

i just don't wnt to come back with a horror story

Relax. And even if it does crash and burn, think of the bright side. You'll have a funny story to post in the Nobody Cares thread for me to laugh at. :D

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
Relax. And even if it does crash and burn, think of the bright side. You'll have a funny story to post in the Nobody Cares thread for me to laugh at. :D
Yeah... something that I can finally say went worse than my date... ;)

I am sure you'll be fine. Make sure you are yourself, relaxed and do what the heart desire. Don't try to be anything that you aren't and it will either work, or won't. At least you know that you were yourself.

tayo

TRIBE Member
Once I went on a blind date once with someone I met over the internet.. He wrote the most amazing letters ever, and he was certainly intelligent.... but he turned out to be really pessimistic and negative, and plus he was one of those anti-fashion types (but like, not in a cool way, more like a bitter high school nerd way).
It became apparent very soon that there was no 'connection' at all between us, even though his letters made me swoon(!)

Then again one time I met a boy over the internet and he turned out to be totally awesome and we've been good friends for the past 4 years.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize
have you ever been on one ? if the answer is yes would you care to share the experience [good or bad]

Actually I've been on a few none of which were all that bad.

First time was setup by my older sister. Being that she and I have never gotten along all that well I wasn't exactly all that trusting of her. But when I met the person she set me up with I totally understood. She liked techno, was a bit of a geek and had just moved to Toronto from Ottawa and didn't really know anyone all that well. We had so much in common it was actually pretty funny that we didn't already know each other, and I also understood why my sister wouldn't be able to entertain her for long.

We still chat on ICQ every now and then but nothing really came of it. We got along just fine but to be honest I don't think I was her type (I can be a little sarcastic and she really wasn't one for that kind of humour)

Another time my friend Renatta set me up with a friend of hers. When Renatta asked me imidiately I was concerned that this girl was going to be an absolute red light danger sign. We met for a drink before dinner and I was stunned, girl was physically stunning. But very soon I realized why I was being set up. In 2 hours I heard about every boyfriend this girl ever had, each and everyone of them was a horrible choice. She dated crooks, lazy slobs, violent pricks, condesending assholes, you name the form of idiot and evidently she had a long term relationship with him.

We had one date, we ran into each other at a couple of parties after that. She ended up getting back togther with an asshole. To be honest I'm not the type to get involved with someone who has just gone through a break up, and her collection of emotional baggage wasn't something I could deal with regardless of how great the ass.

One of my favorite people I met on a blind date. Actually its was our second time meeting. The first time we met was at a party I don't remember. The second time she called me up and asked me if I wanted to get togther. I couldn't for the life of me remember who she was or what she looked like, but I'd never again forget. One of those great free spirits we all get the chance to meet a few times in our lives. Every now and then we still pop into each others lives.

Most people from the internet I have met blind, most of them I wouldn't reffer to as blind dates though. More meeting someone new that you have never met before.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
I’ve never gone out on a blind date.
I really don’t consider a man, date material until they are my friend first.

What can I say… I am not very brave… when it comes to these kinds of things.

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
yes, kind of...

We met at a nightclub and were both so drunk that we forgot what each other looked like. Of course when we met our memory was refreshed and we were glad that neither of us were unattractive to look at. We dated for about a month.

Peace. D

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Usually if you go on a blind date you're taking one for the team.:D , and if they say she's cute, then she's not that good looking (cute=alright).