1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Bleep 230: Trevor Wilkes

Discussion in 'Techno Room' started by isoprax, Sep 15, 2010.

1. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

Bleep Radio #230
    Aired: September 15th, 2010
    Mixed by: Trevor Wilkes (Hamilton, Ontario)

Fun in the Murky / Trevor Wilkes: Last.FM - Stream similar artists

I noticed that I haven't really done too many shows lately with me just sort of wandering aimlessly through the vinyl and making random connections. Too many themed mixes and not enough see what what will happen moments. This is the first assault on that beach-head. It'll gradually become more varied over the next few Bleeps. Sometimes it works out pretty well. We'll see!
    more...

Track-list:
    00 - 3d!t "Bleep Radio Intro"
    01 - Bracket Reunion One" Brackout 02
    02 - Bracket "Coma91" Consume 02
    03 - Afrika Bambaataa Vs Kraftwerk "Planet Rock"
    04 - Michael Forshaw "Energise: Coin Op 13
    05 - Pumpgun Pro "Panic" Holzplatten 57
    06 - Cari Lekebusch "Skarume Max Peezey" Kaun Trax 05
    07 - Heckmann "It's Not Over" AFUXTRA 05
    08 - Blackman "Beat That Bitch With A Bat" Trax
    09 - Gremino "Hyper" Rag and Bone 23
    10 - BBII "Tropical Laser Fantasy" Frsh Up 01
    11 - Dj Sneak "You Can't Hide From Your Bud" Classic
    12 - Unknown "Untitled" Primitive
    13 - Tobias Schmidt "Dollar" Telepathic 17
    14 - Wraith "Mass_Xfer" ASRX 02
    15 - Submerge "Black Mamba" Mote Evolver 16
    16 - Funk D'Void "Jack Me Off" Soma 29
    17 - Tonewrecker "Steal The Rhythm" Flashpoint 01

Download:
    Download The September 15th, 2010 Archive

Bleep Info:
    Next Weeks Show: Unknown at this time.

Bleep's goal is to bring quality dance-floor music, music without it's head up it's arse, to areas where it's seemingly lacking. Stale music has taken over and needs to move over. We need less labels, not more. Techno may be the label that Bleep assumes, but it's the Techno label of days gone by, one that encompasses much and has a sense of humour. The humour bit may be just me though. Enjoy.

Anyone is highly encouraged to ask questions or comment about Bleep mixes. All questions will be answered. Help will be given. Direction will be shown.

Recent Fun in the Murky News
    Itsu Uno "B-Boy Rave For The Ageing Hipster Part 2" Fat Hop 02
    Phil Kieran "Totally Snorked" Snork 29
    Robert Hood "Power to Prophet" M-Plant M.PM9
    Walt J "Reborn" Petite 04
    Lukes Anger @ Shambala Festival 2010
    Bleep Radio 229: Trevor Wilkes

[​IMG] Fun in the Murky
    [​IMG] Bleep Archives
    Myspace
    Bleep's Facebook Group

Contact Trevor Wilkes / Bleep Radio:
    e-mail - bleep@isoprax.com
    msn - isoprax@hotmail.com

2. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

Recognize some of these from previous bleeps.
    In other news, Junodownload had that Maurice Joshua EP for sale w/ Bitch and I Got a Big Dick. I bought a digi copy and I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna work it in to a set ;)

3. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

17 - Tonewrecker "Steal The Rhythm" Flashpoint 01

Dude! Matt freeman mailed this to me years ago, killer booty mash up on there too!

4. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

the maurice track isn't a problem to work in. The gremino after turned out to be trickier than antipated (got it that day).

dtox - it was matt freeman's 'label' wasn't it?

5. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

trev,

yeah I am pretty sure. I was friends with him via rave user groups on yahoo, ohh the good ol days lol.

6. erk

erk TRIBE Member

See? This is all kids of goodness.
    Trev, you've got your own style and it is bangin'. Who can go from the hard techno of Bracket, get to me losing my mind at the housey DJ Sneak tune, then back to hard techno? I know, it's you.
    What I've always admired about your sets is your ability to span genres and make the whole set better than the sum of its parts. Getting from "Reunion One" to "Can't Hide From Your Bud"? Brilliant. You always manage (in my opinion) to make the mix flow and it's ALWAYS a nice ride.
    Throw in a bit of Kraftwerk-ey "Planet Rock" and that awesome "Skarume Max Peeze" and I'm sold.
    Always a fan of Bleep. Keep up the great work.

7. isoprax

isoprax TRIBE Promoter

I didn't think it was that genre spanning...I've done more varied. Cheers though Erk.

8. erk

erk TRIBE Member

With all today's micro genre sets it's good to hear sets like yours.
    You've been doing Bleep forever now. Good for you. Hat's off to the commitment of a (quality) weekly show for such a long time.