• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Black. White.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Yeah I've been watching this one being advertised constantly for the last couple of months. But honestly I really thought this was meant to be a comedy sketch and not an actual show.

I have a belief that reality television will go away if I don't watch it.
 

kmac

TRIBE Member
I read a piece on this in Star magazine. The black kid turned white looks totally convincing, but the rest of them do not.
 

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
It's crazy that it's now that there's enough empathy in America to start putting themselves in each other shoes and take down the walls of racism.

This show will bring a bit more awareness to it's populace. Who'd a thunk Reality TV would go this far?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
How's that working out for you?

It was going alright and then I got hooked watching Project Runway. Yup straight guy hooked on project runway I didn't think it wa possible either. See I fell asleep while watching a movie on Bravo, woke up 6 hours later and during the night obviously they had played episodes of project runway, while sleeping I had learnt all the characters names and details about the show.

It was very disturbing
 

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Ditto Much said:
It was going alright and then I got hooked watching Project Runway. Yup straight guy hooked on project runway I didn't think it wa possible either. See I fell asleep while watching a movie on Bravo, woke up 6 hours later and during the night obviously they had played episodes of project runway, while sleeping I had learnt all the characters names and details about the show.

It was very disturbing
Meh, I watch it too, and feel mildly guilty ogling hot preggo Heidi Klum.
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
It's crazy that it's now that there's enough empathy in America to start putting themselves in each other shoes and take down the walls of racism.

This show will bring a bit more awareness to it's populace. Who'd a thunk Reality TV would go this far?
John Howard Griffin wrote Black Like Me in the late 1950's. this is nothing new.

i don't think this show will do a lick of difference for race relations in America.
 

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
and then he died of cancer from his treatment to turn black. his book is amazing but I'm thinking this show will miss the bullet and be a farce.
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
his book is amazing but I'm thinking this show will miss the bullet and be a farce.
completely agree. anything beneficial that would come out of this show could be learned by reading his book, and everything else will be a fucking farce.
minstrel show, anyone????
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Eddie Murphy did a skit on this years ago as well, where he painted himself up white for what I think was an SNL sketch. Nothing new.
 

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
anything beneficial that would come out of this show could be learned by reading his book, and everything else will be a fucking farce.
yeah, but americans don't read when they can rent! the dvd section is the the new library.
 

millicent

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
completely agree. anything beneficial that would come out of this show could be learned by reading his book, and everything else will be a fucking farce.
minstrel show, anyone????

:confused: You don't think there will be any differences between an experiment conducted in the fifties and the same experiment conducted today?
How is this a 'minstrel show'? They aren't aiming to make a mockery of either race.
 
Top