• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Black Lives Matter vs PRIDE

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Black residents of Toronto more likely to die during police interactions: report

Black people living in Toronto are grossly overpresented in incidents where city police use forceresulting in injury or death, and are 20 times more likely to die in a police shooting than their white counterparts, Ontario’s Human Rights Commission said today. The findings are part of an interim report on a probe into racial profiling and discrimination by the Toronto Police Service. Much of the data was derived from cases probed by Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit.

The report found that although black residents comprised 8.8 per cent of Toronto’s total population, they accounted for 25 per cent of SIU investigations during the time period studied. Black complainants were involved in 28 per cent of all use-of-force investigations, with their representation trending sharply upward as the seriousness of the force used increased.

The report also suggested black people are overrepresented in cases of inappropriate stops, searches or charges, adding that those issues would be explored more thoroughly in its next report on the issue.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
My beef with BLM in Canada, is that they fail to take the Canadian context into reality. Painting Canada in the same light as the U.S. is actually insulting towards what the average experience is for a black male living in the U.S.

Of course, we're not perfect (e.g. carding) but there is a general Canadian context which is unbelievably different (and can be backed by statistics if I wasn't so lazy) than that of the U.S.

For anyone that's travelled extensively in the US, we all know it's true without needing statistics. I'm not really sure the Canadian outpost of BLM should even use the word "Lives". That's not really what we mean in the Canadian context.

The other thing I don't like about the BLM movement as a whole is the 100% focus on police brutality. Of course, it's terrible, but way more black males die at the hands of other black males, than police. Improving the latter would have a way bigger effect on Black Lives Mattering than squashing police brutality, but they seem to just wash that aspect off with a 'well it's systematic racism at the core and if we fixed that then black on black would go way too' but that just seems like a copout to me. Communities need to look inwards and fix their own houses first, before fixing their dealings with the outside.
Bye bye carding in Ontario

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
you guys been following what happened @ Hamilton Pride ?
Yellow Vests + Religious Nutbars ?
Helmet Head ?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the same Helmet Head fuck that assaulted 2 people ( without even being touched ) broke one of their noses.
When HPS were given the call to help, it took them 30 minutes to respond. It takes 10 minutes at a slow walk to go from one side of Gage Park to the other, where the violence happened.
Then, said Yellow vests and religious nuts were given a chaparone by Hamilton Police off Gage Park grounds, to safety.
Hamilton Police say there were 45 cops on site. There were barely 15 from what i saw.
They were told where the YV's were convening, and to send enforcement there.
They did not.
One cop was overheard saying " we weren't invited, so why should we respond ".
That's because Pride asked HPS to not put up a recruitment booth, which they did not.
Then, the Yellow Vests and Religious nuts chased several minors through our streets yelling " sodomites, get them ".
Despite heavy video evidence, no charges were laid.

Said Helmet Head and his same pals from hamilton Pride attended Toronto Pride.
I've seen video of them pummeling several people inside Eaton Centre, and on streets.

These same fucktards got their girdle in a knot when i infiltrated their FB group, reported me, and got me a 30 day FB ban.
i hurt their feelings.
Hamilton Mayor Fred lied in all his recent tweets. So have HPS.
and they wonder why Pride didn't let them put up the booth.
We can not rely on taxpayer funded police officers to do their job when called....so...
Next year @ Hamilton Pride, there will be blood.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Community over hate: We must all stand up for our shared values | CBC News
i missed the Hamilton Pride voilence by about 30 minutes. i fi were there, i'd probably been thrown in jail for what i would have done to the Helmet Guy and Grey Hoodie guy.
I saw a bunch of "anti-fascists" come the support of people who were accosted on Dundas Street on the day of the Dyke March. Imagine being yelled some religious dogma on the street by a bunch of people wearing masks and carrying hate signage! One courageous person stood up for herself and started yelling back. A group of cops rapidly were there and separated the "fascists" back and strongly advised the woman to walk along. I'm glad there was "justice" here but unless you're a hothead there could be better ways of seeing justice than something violent. Too bad it took a line up cops to ensure this woman's freedom of passage.

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
The bottom-up revolution goes global, viral

The bottom-up revolution ignited by the killing of George Floyd is spreading and appears to be sticking, toppling statues and statutes in a cultural and intellectual uprising the world hasn't seen in 50 years.

• Why it matters: Fueled by social media and live news coverage, fury over George Floyd's murder on Memorial Day raced across the country within days — and around the world within a week.
  • The underlying injustices had been obvious for centuries. But this searing outrage, caught on video that was instantly everywhere, has captured the attention of a distracted world and has already produced durable changes.
The big picture ... Executive Editor Sara Kehaulani Goo points out the breadth of the response by governments at all levels:

In our polarized times, few things unite the country and push those in power to act. So it's remarkable how this has in 19 days.

• In London's Parliament Square, wartime prime minister Winston Churchill is literally in a box, boarded up to deter further vandalism.
  • The obliteration of statues symbolizesmomentous change:
    • Police departments around the world are banning neck restrains and chokeholds, and the "defund the police" debate is already causing governments at all levels to rethink the role and powers of law enforcement.
    • The Black Lives Matter movement went mainstream, embraced by corporations and drawing diverse crowds. Sen. Mitt Romney, Republicans' presidential nominee eight years ago, marched in D.C. and said on camera: "Black lives matter."
    • We showed you in Axios PM that support for Black Lives Matter increased as much in two weeks as it had in two years, as the N.Y. Times pointed out (subscription).
  • Workplaces have been transformed, with a raft of media executives booted.
    • Big Tech, long criticized for its lack of diversity, rushed to make amends.
    • Our kids will be baffled that it was common to see Confederate battle flags at family-filled NASCAR races. The displays were banned this week and the Army, Navy and Marines all moved to banish the flags from public spaces.
    • NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell posted a video saying: "[W]e were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier, and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest." He stopped short of crediting of Colin Kaepernick.
  • The bottom line: We're on the leading edge of a wave of change that was unimaginable 19 days ago when George Floyd cried out, muffled by a white man who didn't listen to the shouting around him: "I can't breathe."

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
The bottom-up revolution goes global, viral

The bottom-up revolution ignited by the killing of George Floyd is spreading and appears to be sticking, toppling statues and statutes in a cultural and intellectual uprising the world hasn't seen in 50 years.

• Why it matters: Fueled by social media and live news coverage, fury over George Floyd's murder on Memorial Day raced across the country within days — and around the world within a week.
  • The underlying injustices had been obvious for centuries. But this searing outrage, caught on video that was instantly everywhere, has captured the attention of a distracted world and has already produced durable changes.
The big picture ... Executive Editor Sara Kehaulani Goo points out the breadth of the response by governments at all levels:

In our polarized times, few things unite the country and push those in power to act. So it's remarkable how this has in 19 days.

• In London's Parliament Square, wartime prime minister Winston Churchill is literally in a box, boarded up to deter further vandalism.
  • The obliteration of statues symbolizesmomentous change:
    • Police departments around the world are banning neck restrains and chokeholds, and the "defund the police" debate is already causing governments at all levels to rethink the role and powers of law enforcement.
    • The Black Lives Matter movement went mainstream, embraced by corporations and drawing diverse crowds. Sen. Mitt Romney, Republicans' presidential nominee eight years ago, marched in D.C. and said on camera: "Black lives matter."
    • We showed you in Axios PM that support for Black Lives Matter increased as much in two weeks as it had in two years, as the N.Y. Times pointed out (subscription).
  • Workplaces have been transformed, with a raftof media executives booted.
    • Big Tech, long criticized for its lack of diversity, rushed to make amends.
    • Our kids will be baffled that it was common to see Confederate battle flags at family-filled NASCAR races. The displays were banned this week and the Army, Navy and Marines all moved to banish the flags from public spaces.
    • NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell posted a video saying: "[W]e were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier, and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest." He stopped short of crediting of Colin Kaepernick.
  • The bottom line: We're on the leading edge of a wave of change that was unimaginable 19 days ago when George Floyd cried out, muffled by a white man who didn't listen to the shouting around him: "I can't breathe."
We’ve been on the leading edge of “wave of change“ since well before Rosa Parks refused to sit at the back of the bus. Enough is enough. ...but is it? Tearing down statues isn’t the answer. Militarization of the police isn’t the answer. Cooped-up white teenagers, hopping on a bandwagon isn’t enough.

We are FAR from a resolution. I hope the real, systemic issues get dealt with but I doubt it. Having said that... THIS time, the revolution will be televised.