• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Black Lives Matter vs PRIDE

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Well you are diluting the message of the parade if you co-opt it for your own purposes. It is an easy way to get some attention though. I think there's room for peaceful protest within the march. Now if you start pulling some OCAP or PETA style shit then you can just fuck right off.

Completely disagree. This enhances the message of the parade as it is rooted in the mistreatment of LGTBQ by Police especially considering they were specifically referring to the issues regarding Black LGBTQ.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Part of me wonders what would happen if Pride protested during the million man march? Would it be received in a similar light

BLM brought stink when they should have brought honey. They were rude and ungrateful guests. Whatever, people enjoyed themselves regardless but I found attendance lighter this year.

Does Caribana have a LGBTQ float?

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Don't see why BLM was invited in the first place. There isn't really any overlap.

That they held the parade randsome is even worse. They have their own cause, let them organize their own protest.

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Don't see why BLM was invited in the first place. There isn't really any overlap.

That they held the parade randsome is even worse. They have their own cause, let them organize their own protest.

-jM
A&D

I forget, are there black gay people?

zerOGda2nd

TRIBE Member
Tribe is really slipping, usually someone would come on here and say they are from Black Lives Matter and cause shit.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
A lady on the street struck up a conversation with me yesterday, and said they physically roughed her up. She was paranoid they were going to follow her. I talked her down, and pretty much reassured that's probably not going to happen.

I don't know if it was a shove, or whatever, but she was genuinely frightened. Like she just got it all out of her system with me for whatever reason.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I don't know, I was glad to help her she was quite happy and reassured by the time we parted ways. But just makes you think a little, like why did I have to hear this? was it that bad? I haven't been to pride in years.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
A lady on the street struck up a conversation with me yesterday, and said they physically roughed her up. She was paranoid they were going to follow her. I talked her down, and pretty much reassured that's probably not going to happen.

I don't know if it was a shove, or whatever, but she was genuinely frightened. Like she just got it all out of her system with me for whatever reason.

I don't know, I was glad to help her she was quite happy and reassured by the time we parted ways. But just makes you think a little, like why did I have to hear this? was it that bad? I haven't been to pride in years.

context breh

full sentences

its like trying to decipher the fucking Cicada 3301

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I was there with children and there wasn't a hint of violence. It was well planned and executed.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Not entirely sure why they needed to hijack another carefully planned event, in good faith.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Not entirely sure why they needed to hijack another carefully planned event, in good faith.

Did you read their demands? They were demands made directly to Pride. There couldn't be a more appropriate place to make those demands than at Pride's focal event.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Why the fuck are they making demands to pride?

That's an institution that was built for 30 years. You just can't just but in, and steal their thunder.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I read it. It makes sense. But seriously. Who's running the ship. Everyone seemed pretty happy before. Black or White.

Like everyone has an issue with equal rights. Now it's being micromanaged inside it's own umbrella.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I read it. It makes sense. But seriously. Who's running the ship. Everyone seemed pretty happy before. Black or White.

Like everyone has an issue with equal rights. Now it's being micromanaged inside it's own umbrella.
You are all over the fucking place. You need to put a breathalyzer on your keyboard.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
So let me get this straight. They protest outside wynnebags house. Hijack the vigil for the Orlando murders claiming they don't feel safe cause white ppl are there, then hijack pride demanding no cops period amongst other things and their leader posted on twitter she needed strength no not attack white ppl. They turn away white ppl who want to donate to their cause and basically demand inclusion to everything while dictating terms to exclude others. Am I caught up so far?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member

Yeah I got it, now theirs in fighting. ruins it for everyone. Much like tribe.

Why do you think you know anything about things you aren't close to at all?

Pride has always had internal issues with inclusion. The Duke and Trans parades were started by external groups because they were being marginalized. And when they were brought under the Pride umbrella it was an uneasy relationship.

This resignation letter gives some insight into the internal issues :

My Open Letter of Resignation from Pride Toronto

Maui

TRIBE Member
So let me get this straight. They protest outside wynnebags house. Hijack the vigil for the Orlando murders claiming they don't feel safe cause white ppl are there, then hijack pride demanding no cops period amongst other things and their leader posted on twitter she needed strength no not attack white ppl. They turn away white ppl who want to donate to their cause and basically demand inclusion to everything while dictating terms to exclude others. Am I caught up so far?

Someone posted a video of when the float started up again after the protest, and they are pumping some hideous rap song, and the dude drops the "N" word in it.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
im curious as to why there is a seperate dyke march
can anyone inform me as to why the dykes get special treatment?

i expect some long winded baloney that makes zero sense.

also, anyone defending blm, can you tell me if they are going to be so "inclusive" about lbgtq(probably missing some groups in here) during the next caribana amongst other things and also demand no cops etc from the caribana organizers or was blm just bullying the lbgtq community and pushing their agenda and dont give one shit about pride or what it stands for

Last edited:

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Why do you think you know anything about things you aren't close to at all?

Pride has always had internal issues with inclusion. The Duke and Trans parades were started by external groups because they were being marginalized. And when they were brought under the Pride umbrella it was an uneasy relationship.

This resignation letter gives some insight into the internal issues :

My Open Letter of Resignation from Pride Toronto

Ok so why are you the authority on this then?