1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Black Eyed Peas steal Freeland beats

Discussion in 'Breaks Room' started by [- FuNKtiOn -], Jul 26, 2009.

1. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

source:
    http://newsflash.bigshotmag.com/?p=4138

2. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

not that this really surprises me...( the Black Eyed Peas really do suck ).
    give them hell Adam.

3. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

retort from the BEP's...
    “It was a lack of finalising legalities before releasing the record, clearance was not done and that was what it was about."

That's pretty much exactly the same response Will gave when he illegally added Daft Punk to a remix from his solo album, Songs About Girls. It seems like it's a bit late to admit the clearance wasn't done--the album has been out for a month--and if I were Freeland, I'd sue them like crazy.

4. dj_soo

dj_soo TRIBE Member

would be nice to see an indie guy sue a major for un-licensed sampling for a change...

5. DaPhatConductor

DaPhatConductor TRIBE Promoter

6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

end of story.
    [​IMG]
    Perez Hilton: Repeat Infringer Will.I.Am and Black Eyed Peas Settle Plagiarism Case

When will musicians learn to stop ripping off other artists? Will.I.Am needs to learn this lesson well.

As we've mentioned before, Will's been accused several times of ripping off music from other artists.

One of the recent accusations deals with a song by musician Adam Freeland titled Mancry, which somehow had a piece of it ending up in Will.I.Am and the Black Eyed Peas' song Party All The Time

You can check out the "sampling" of Mancry in the BEP's song HERE.

According to reports, BEP member and producer Will.I.Am was at an event last year where Freeland performed this song in question.

But good news for Freeland. The musician has settled with repeated song plagiarizer Will.I.Am and the Black Eyed Peas.

Freeland posted the following message on his Facebook page today, stating "Just settled w/ Black eyes Peas who ripped off Mancry. If you see me in the next wk say 'Party all the time' I'll buy you a beer. Woo hoop!"

Looks like they paid him out a large amount for stealing his music!

Congrats to Freeland.

INDEED.