1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Black Crack Records @ Footwork

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Pilotboy, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Pilotboy

Pilotboy TRIBE Member

I was really excited about this event. Although tired from the night before I still made it out. I was hoping to get the feel of the old Element vibe when Amtrak used to spin there. I hadnt been to this area of the club scene in about 3 years. When I walked in, I was really happy with the space. Comfortable, nice sound, and nice visuals. I was really happy to hear the techno/hardhouse sounds. But hard to keep enjoying the night when a coked out loser comes and annoys you in the smoking area. With 3 of his friends, they started asking me stupid questions... one that stood out... ARE YOU A FUCKIN FAGGOT? .... he replied with "lets take a walk down the alley, so we can settle this.... cause i hate fuckin faggots. Anyhow, this kind of attitude really sucks, there is really no need for this. If my sucking dick outside the clubs is a problem for you, then you leave!!! I would like to thank management for taking care of the situation and making the person leave. I was just gonna leave it be but I was talked into declaring this to management by a friend and glad I did now. This kind of behaviour has no place in a techno club in 2005.

2. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

that is fucked jer!

I've never run in with anyone like that at footwork - always such a good crowd. not surprised mgmt looked after it though.

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

That's horrible!

Props to the best club management in town for handling the situation.

4. Tony Bandana

Tony Bandana TRIBE Promoter

Black Crack Records...

what a dope record name!!!!!!!

:D

5. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

wow, that asshole sucks - but glad to hear management took care of it. That sort of homophobic attitude has no place in any fucken clubs.

(no idea if you're actually gay or not, but thats moot point).

6. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

We got there towards the end, but the music was great. Thumpin, acidy house was a nice way to cap off the night. And I'm quite liking the first release on the label, nice way to start it off.

7. lilnick

lilnick TRIBE Member

:D

Hey Jer! Good seeing you Friday, though breifly. When Chris told me about what happened at Footwork, I couldn't believe it... Good thing he made you tell the management and I'm happy to hear they dealt with it!

I hope those guys aren't welcome back to Footwork, even if they "know the DJ", until they've figured their shit out!

I wish I made it on Saturday but was still feeling Friday night... I haven't heard Amtrack since Element!:(

"Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all Jackers together under one house. You may be black, you may be white; you may be Jew or Gentile. It don't make a difference in our House..."

8. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I know who the guy in question is..think he did a notch too much coke. However I did hear a bit of a different twist to the story. There are 2 sides to every story. But anyhow, it's over and done with.

Big ups Amtrack! Enjoyed ur set gurlie!;)

And props to my Newmarket boys, Scott and Gordie for their label release!:cool:

I had a wicked night. All the Newmarket boys and girls were out. Great to see lots of friends.

*Maxine*

9. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

You're going to suggest he's lying and then not explain yourself? That's pretty tight.

10. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

meh...pm me if you wanna know.

11. Pilotboy

Pilotboy TRIBE Member

footwork

Obviously theres always 2 sides to every story.... u really think he's gonna admit that he's a homophobic idiot.... theres other ways to ask for a blow job u know :D lol And yes, Amtrak, was so nice to hear you again. Last time was when I left Toronto in 2001 I think it was....

12. Pilotboy

Pilotboy TRIBE Member

footwork

And plus I've been clubbing for a while now and never had any issues with being gay.... so why would I start now? On this specific night....?

13. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Re: footwork

Hey I have no doubt that Chris is a wanker. I do not condone homophobic behaviour for one minute. I just thought I would add my useless 2 cents that I heard a different story.;)

14. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

maxine ...brian and nathan hit this party...havent heard from them...was gonna go but bailed

big ups to the newmarket massive...HA

it isnt the chris i am thinking of is it maxine?

15. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I'll tell you on msn. Don't wanna stir up any more shit.:D

..and yes you should have come out with me.

16. basketballjones

i didnt even know u were going....there are these new fangled things called telephones....they work both ways....WHO KNEW?

17. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Your're right..I am a bad girl.

18. basketballjones

yes, yes u r