• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Björk

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Plato

TRIBE Member
i posted this last week!!!
didnt you see it!? :(

also, i must have the book. have you read the cover? soooo good!

N30-p[l]a+0

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Now for some eye candy: (I AM SO putting off my three essays...)

composite02.jpg

vibrations04.jpg

creativebase02.jpg

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Plato
i posted this last week!!!
didnt you see it!? :(

also, i must have the book. have you read the cover? soooo good!

N30-p[l]a+0
Haha, i have two copies of it. Don't ask.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Plato

TRIBE Member
how can i not ask~?!? :eek:

and how come you never told me! *gasp*

oh wait, i guess you want to protect it from drool huh? :p

vibrations04.jpg

this pic rocks.

N30-p[l]a+0

Orochi

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
I think I'm the only person that absolutely hates Bjork.

No I hate her too.

I have a co-worker that came from Iceland, his general impression of her is that she just yells into the mic calling it music and people lap it up, then he laughs and thinks that everyone who likes her is a fool.

Plato

TRIBE Member
^^^
^^^
^^^that is still one of my fave videos from her

now go do your homework you lazy slag

N30-p[l]a+0

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Orochi

No I hate her too.

I have a co-worker that came from Iceland, his general impression of her is that she just yells into the mic calling it music and people lap it up, then he laughs and thinks that everyone who likes her is a fool.

Yeah, he's from Iceland so he's got a degree in Bjork.

To each their own. She's got style, she works with amazing artists visually and musically and she can fucking sing.

Plato

TRIBE Member
i love it how people assume that just cause you're from iceland you have to like bjork.

its like people assuming that just cause we're canadian we have to like nickleback.

mind you bjork > nickleback

N30-p[l]a+0

MoFo

TRIBE Member

Ding!

Other artists and producers have made her who she is.
I question her actual talent without this musical/artistic support.

Okay... so what's your point?
Everyone works with everyone. It's called human interaction. She writes her own material, plays the music, KNOWS the scene...

She's not trying to be ravecool like a lot of artists out there. She IS ravecool, man.

And if you've ever seen her sing acapella, you'll change your mind about her artistry. Harp, piano, organ, harpsichord.. you name it.

Plato

TRIBE Member
bjork co-produces or produces her own stuff. she writes sheet music and come s up with melodies. shes also a multi instrumentalist but her current direction doesnt call for say, organs, to be played, so she will be innovative enough to use music boxes to compose new melodies and build songs around them.

N30-p[l]a+0

zoo

TRIBE Member
i like bjork

alot

heirloom / come to me / hyperballad

these are 3 of the most amazing awe inspiring songs i have ever heard

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
I don't know, there's something that just really irks me about her. I can't explain it, because my mind is too flooded with Shakespeare right now.

Can you guys recommend some tracks that exhibit her great vocals, as well as her producing skills?

I haven't heard any of her stuff in awhile, and want to take another listen.

zoo

TRIBE Member
if it means anything, i used to hate bjork

but i had never really given her a chance .. i just hated "bjork", never hearing her songs except for "it's oh so quiet" and "big time sensuality", both which i still hate

i find some of her songs incredibly strange

but i also find some of her songs incredibly beautiful

"venus as a boy" is the song that really got me into bjork

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I don't know, there's something that just really irks me about her. I can't explain it, because my mind is too flooded with Shakespeare right now.

The thing is, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. The flower poet thing gets old. My mom was the same way. She HATED when I watched her videos. Thought she was a screaming freak with no talent. But I made her listen to more of her albums and now my mom loves her. Thinks the screaming and wacky stuff is just one aspect of her performance.