• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Birthday Venue Suggestion?!

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Its my good friend's b-day this weekend and we are trying to think of a good place to go for lots and lots of drinks :D

Not looking for a club, rather a fun lounge type bar place.

Gypsy Co-op and Left Bank (ewwwww) was suggested but I am not so big on either one, was rooting for Gypsy but my friends thought it might be a little small and too chill for the rowdiness that might ensue...haha There will be about twenty people coming out...

Thanks in advance for the suggestions...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Remingtons is only ladies night on Sunday and we are going out on Saturday night, so that won't do. ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cri

TRIBE Member
does it matter what kind of music is playing?

Shallow Groove on College is kind of a neat lounge bar place..with a mini dance floor. I've only been there once..and I was pretty drunk BUT I remember it having a cool layout..and playing typical hip hop, r & b music I think.

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cri
does it matter what kind of music is playing?

Shallow Groove on College is kind of a neat lounge bar place..with a mini dance floor. I've only been there once..and I was pretty drunk BUT I remember it having a cool layout..and playing typical hip hop, r & b music I think.

Music doesn't really matter (it does to me but I am the only picky one :p) as long as its not death metal or country I think anything else goes...thanks for the idea, its been a long time since I went to Shallow groove but I remember it being drunken good times :)

joey

TRIBE Member
Vinnie's is pretty fun. Lots of beers on tap, martini bar, and lots of games and stuff to play.

hi karen :)

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~
They need an abundance of candles then at the MATADOR!!!! :p

or they could serve even more booze to pretty everyone up!

... and have medical staff setup shop in a corner.

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
Mod Club on College is a fun spot. Music is a little loud on the dancefloor but there are other areas to chill where you can actually talk.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
oh man, i would be so pissed if i had to go to Vinnie's for someone's birthday.
that place is ass (no offence joey and smilez)

this year for my birthday we went to Modesto on Queen West.
its free, theres no dress code, it wont be very busy and the staff are really great.
the only thing is - the drinks arent mega cheap or anything.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
or they could serve even more booze to pretty everyone up!

... and have medical staff setup shop in a corner.

I don't know Adam, I was pretty hammered on Friday and EVERYBODY in there looked creepy!

Fuckin Matador....

hehe

circle

TRIBE Member
Courvosie? (formerly Lincoln Lounge) on Richmond and Spadina.

Nice little lounge, wicked music. They have these large circle shaped booths that are really cozy!