1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

biologik - synaptic paradox (various electronica - IDM and EBM)

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by biologik, Oct 13, 2005.

1. biologik

biologik TRIBE Member

Another mix.. this time with a story.

biologik_-_synaptic_paradox

This set is dedicated to Lithium, the old host of Synaptic Paradox on CIUT. Without her awesome saturday morning electronica sets I'd never have been exposed to so much great electronica. This mix represents much of what I was exposed to from Synaptic Paradox. Thanks Lithium, where ever you are.

1 - biologik - SMCWS
    SMCWS = Special monkey cupcake with sprinkles. Don't ask. It's an inside joke :) Anyways, it's a nice mellow track I recently made to start off any new PA or mix I might make in the future. Feedback welcome!

2 - biologik - resistance
    Been listening to a lot of aphex lately (in part due to this set). This is the outcome.. pretty cool track I think. Feedback welcome :)

3 - biologik - a hole in a cloud
    A nice mellowy techy housey track I just finished. Again, the influence is from Synaptic Paradox. Feeeeeedback please!

4 - Aphex Twin - At the heart of it all
    such an awesome track that was hidden on NIN's further down the spiral. This is a top notch track that will no doubt become a hidden classic

5 - Front 242 - Headhunter (Haujobb remix)
    I had to include Front 242. But, headhunter was a little "too indutrial" for me, even tho I listened to TONS of industrial in the past. Anyways, Haujobb did a pretty cool remix of it in 2000. Here it is..

6 - Aphex Twin - At the heart of it all V2
    This track is NOTHING like track 4. I kid you not. Here's RDJ showing some wicked fx programming n what not.. yummy.

7 - Polygon Window - Bike pump meets bucket
    Yep. more RDJ. Polygon Window's Quoth was top notch stuff. Love it love it love it. I wanted to put Quoth in there.. but I couldn't find it :(

8 - Legion of Green Men - Synaptic Response
    Amazing local Toronto talent. Nuff said. This track was my theme song the year it came out. The CD was particularly cool, it had a weird little insert on the cover that made it look like you were having an acid trip :p Love LOGM.. wonder what they're up to now.

9 - Pop will eat itself (PWEI) - Home
    So many good tracks to choose from, this was a hard pick. I snatched 'Home' because the lyrics are exactly how I feel. Cheers to Clint for his score on Requiem for a Dream.

10 - Boards of Canada - Roygbiv
    Smooth track. Love the Boards..

11 - Haujobb - Solid State Logic
    Haujobb were part of the reason I started to change from Indutrial to more electronica based stuff. They're a blend of the two. I love this track. Def brings back memories of me comming home after a party, turning on the radio, and getting my 5th or 6th wind :p

12- Cybordelics - The Adventures of Dama
    FTWK. <3 Eye-Q. Classic.
    Nuff said about this slammer from 1992.

While this mix isn't for everyone, it sure covers a lot of electronica ground. I hope someout out there enjoys it.
    Cheers,
    Eric
    ps. I'd love feedback on my tracks

2. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Eric...this looks awesome.

will let you know after i give it a good listen :)

3. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

diggidy-downloading nizzow

4. biologik

biologik TRIBE Member

comments are most welcome (good and bad!)

thx for DLing!

i make no claims to any DJ skills.. just some of my fav tracks that I thought i'd share - and a few of my own.
    Cheers,
    Eric

5. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

aaughhh!

errrghhh!

MUST....DOWNLOAD....NOW...

:D
    (I am a huge fan of AFX, Front 242, BOC, and basically everything listed in your track selection)

6. biologik

biologik TRIBE Member

any comments anyone? :eek:
    e

7. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

i was busy for the bulk of the weekend so i haven't had much of a chance to throw it on.

Been saving it so that i can give it a good going over.

May wing it on tonight :)

8. deep

deep TRIBE Member

thanks. synaptic response is a fav.

9. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Eric.

Great mix.

Firstly, besides the obvious stand out tunes (Synaptic response and the NIN remix), i found your 3 tracks to be the highlights of the entire mix. I love your production style. You should be shopping your work around.

SMCWS is a perfect opener.

resistance is just purely shit hot. Amazing mechanical breakbeats. Ripping stuff my good man. :)

a hole in a cloud is beautiful!!! You possess such astute variation in production style.

Shop this gear!!! :)

Chris

10. outofcontrol

outofcontrol TRIBE Member

I agree with every word here.

The sounds and textures in your productions are first class man.
    Plus I can't get enough of this mix.

Nice work dood.

11. biologik

biologik TRIBE Member

!!!

:D
    Thanks for the fantastic reviews! :)

I love getting feedback (both positive and critical) about my stuff.. particularly since I don't shop any tracks. I have a nest of tracks that will undoubtedly sit and rot away. It brings me a little pleasure to know that you guys out there enjoyed them (and the mix). I'll have to get some label A&R addy's together one day.

That Aphex Twin remix (the 1st one) is off the wall. I wish I could produce like that. I have NO idea what or where he sampled for those sounds. They work together so well.

As for Synaptic Response (Legion of Green Men), anyone in TO know what happened to them? Anyone ever see the Video for that track? It was WILD.

Cheers,
    Eric

12. biologik

biologik TRIBE Member

ps. if anyone really likes a particular track I could send it their way.

13. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

Great mix, I loves me industrial so its nice to hear some great stuff in a mix. Thanks. :)

14. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Eric, empty your box :)

15. biologik

biologik TRIBE Member

empty.

think anyone would want an industrial mix? i could make it more electronique.. hehe

e

16. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

I'd love one!

I made an EBM and other stuff industrial mix last year but then lost it during a hard drive fuck up. :( Had stuff like Funker Vogt, Velvet Acid Christ, Project Pitchfork, Skinny Puppy, PWEI, Front Line Assembly, Digital Poodle, Razed in Black, etc.

Wish I hadn't lost it but I'm currently too lazy and busy to do another :D Plus your stuff is great! ha

17. 0=0

0=0 TRIBE Member

AMAZING!!!

I loved that show too...I just wrote something in my blog about it!! ( http://bustede.com) i came across this link when i was googling to see if Lithium still had her website up! The last thing I heard about her was that she was doing some neuro science stuff.

cheers!

j

0=0

18. dj.nick.c

dj.nick.c TRIBE Member

absolutely fantastic production skills here. I personally agree with the other chaps in how well these tracks are made. I love all 3. The opening track is beautiful and your attention to detail is clear. Track #2 has great energy and holds even a funky step to it. I'd love to dance to this one with a large system. Track 3 is totally my thing right now. I have a love for tech-house tracks that possess such a free and positive melody coupled with a more aggressive/dark bassline. I'd love to get a copy of these, keep at it!