• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

biologik - northern lights [just another live pa]

biologik

TRIBE Member
Hi everyone,
i've been really busy with a lot of things lately...
i had big plans for this half live pa half mix, but i never got around to sending it out, so after 3 months of it sitting on my hard drive i thought i'd share it with all the people who so loved my first live pa.

this mix stays true to my other one: 20min ambient'esk, 20min 4x4 (proggy), and 20min breaks.

these are all my tracks (and one remix) from the past 7 or 8 months, so as always, I would love feedback.

http://www.soulsurvivour.com/mp3/biologik_-_northern_lights_mix.mp3

i hope you enjoy listening to it as much as i enjoyed creating it.

cheers,
Eric

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Downloading now, will give a listen soon.

Haven't heard anything from you in a while Eric, looking forward to it!

frogs

TRIBE Member
wow, just happened to bump into this one. Heard your last recording and it was great, will check this one out. How's Waterloo? ;)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i'm surprised to see the lack of comments after the feedback your initial set/PA received.

This is a worthy follow up. Eric, you know that i'm a big fan...your downtempo-ish tunes are some of the finest i've ever heard. Keep it up :)

people. download this.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

zoo

TRIBE Member
been listening to this for awhile, it's very good, but so are all of biologik's sets ...

you should release a "proper" full length "net released" album man :)

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
gave this a listen today. Not sure how I missed it. Another great mix. I really enjoy the progression from start to finish. It's on the pod.

biologik

TRIBE Member
Hey everyone!
Phew. I thought it was a bomb or something :p glad you liked it!

It does take quite a long time to make 1hr's worth of tracks! :)

I suppose this ismy version of a 'net release'...

Thanks for the kind replies!
On a side note, I think i'm going to be focusing more on downtempo stuff. I just don't like the whole electro phase prog is going through right now (ie. I can't produce stuff like that.. i need mellodies!). So, in the future I think my sets will have a lot more downtempo.

As for Waterloo - I'm postgrad, so i'm hardly ever there :) I live downtown TO.
Cheers,
Eric

ps. Here's my "older" live pa... maybe 9mos?
www.soulsurvivour.com/mp3/biologik_-_visions_mix_v2.mp3

smack

TRIBE Member
This is awesome Eric! Are you signed yet? ;)

I can only dream of making an hours worth of original stuff this good. Keep it coming. And good on ya for sticking to more downtempo productions. Thats what I've been attempting more of myself.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
It was really good a little slow at he start tempo wise but after the 30min mark it picks up in tempo and is more my style.... The transitions between songs are really good practically seamless... How was this done? Hardware or Ableton Live?

biologik

TRIBE Member
Hey!
No, I don't think i'll ever get signed! No worries though, it's my fault - I don't send anything out so I can't blame anyone but me :p

It's a half pa really, some of the tracks were done in cubase sx, and others were live in abelton. I also have a little hardware - my older PA was a lot of hardware. This one only had virus in it.

I have yet to find a good way to use abelton as a 100% live pa setup. Partially because I'm so busy I don't have time to dig... anyone recomend a good tutorial?? :)

Cheers,
Eric

frogs

TRIBE Member
Really liked this set eric, but V2 is still my all time fav. It's just great to have new solid tunes so i can keep bopping my head......... cheers man
p.s. why is it when i go away on vacation my pics never look as good as yours? ;)

phluxual

TRIBE Member
Swell!

Hey been letting this mix roll for a while.
Shame on you for saying you'll never get signed! Send some stuff "out there".. or get someone to do it for you.

my critical 2 cents is that energy is lost at 39:45 into it.. It's not that I don't like what comes next, I just think it could have kept building or the vibe maintained longer.

Great work though.