• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

billy!

mingster

TRIBE Member
i left element briefly last night to walk to the bank machine. i was just across the street, when i overheard two guys who were walking by. all i heard was "element? what's that?" so, naturally, i just looked at the guy as i walked by and noticed that he was "that blond guy from canadian idol".

i had had a couple of drinks by then, and was feeling friendly so i yelled "hey! i recognize you! you probably get that all the time, eh?" bla bla...i proceed to tell him what element is like, that IT'S GREAT! and does he like house music. he tells me no. he likes the alt rock. we introduce ourselves, and i saw the hurt look on his face when i admitted that i actually don't know his name. they ask how much the cover charge is, cringe when i tell them it's 5 bucks, and as i walk away i hear billy say "i never pay cover". haha.

i turned to see they were gonna go in, but when i went back, they were nowhere to be seen. i guess they decided to pass. ah well. see you at the phoenix, billy.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
idolbig082203.jpg

Billy Idol's Canadian? Who knew! :D

thanks mel... I learned something new today.

Did ya get it autograph?

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
:)

I think I've posted this before but...

My best celebrity story began at The Opera House during an acid jazz festival some time ago. There was this guy at the table beside us who looked a heck of a lot like Wesley Snipes except that he was really short.

My buds and I were drunk and abnoxious so we started a line of jokes about how shitty it would be to look like Snipes but be so tiny in size. To look like a tough guy but be so small. The jokes went on and in retrospect I'm pretty sure he heard because I caught him looking uncomfortable and then leaving.

The next day there is a blurb on the acid jazz festival in the paper and it mentions some celebrity sightings, including of course our man Wesley!

I felt bad because I like Mr. Snipes and would love to chat with him over a beer - AND I HAD THE CHANCE. Instead I was on my knees looking up at my pals shouting "Always bet on black!" and trying to do kung fu on their knee caps.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
:)

I felt bad because I like Mr. Snipes and would love to chat with him over a beer - AND I HAD THE CHANCE. Instead I was on my knees looking up at my pals shouting "Always bet on black!" and trying to do kung fu on their knee caps.

ok that got me laughing out loud :)

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I felt bad because I like Mr. Snipes and would love to chat with him over a beer
A girl I knew briefly dated Mr. Snipes. They met when he was in town for Caribana about 8 years ago. She was quite young though (but he didn't know quite how young), and he kept calling her all the time. Until he called one night at around 2am, and the girl's mother picked up the phone and told him to stop calling because it was a school night, LOL. He never called back after that.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Adam

TRIBE Member
Instead I was on my knees looking up at my pals shouting "Always bet on black!" and trying to do kung fu on their knee caps.

hahahahahaha