• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Billy Van-Genius

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
billybar.jpg

If you are 25 or older you probably remember what i consider to be the greatest childrens television show of all time-'The Hilarious House Of Frightenstein.this program was the definition of brilliant.great sets,great costumes,great characters but above all else great writing.when i was a kid i would absolutley go nuts when this how came on and would be transfixed for the following 60 minutes of the program,no other 60 minute show to this day has done that to me.Billy Van was of course the brains behind it all aswell as playing 9 of the lead characters,my favorite of course being the 'Maharishi'.Unfortunatley as you may or may not know he passed away last year at 68,it was truly a sad day for me,what made it sadder was really the overall lack of national attention giving to his death.

I really feel sorry for todays children not being able to experience something as fantastic as 'The Hilarious House Of Frightenstein'.Todays programming for children really seems to be more about generating revenue than about forming and education our most valuable assets.I real feel lucky as a kid growing up having such witty and intelligent programs like 'frightenstein', 'the muppet show',and to a lesser extent 'david and goliath'. Todays children spend so much time in front of the t.v. watching garbage just random images to keep them busy while parents attend to 'more important' matters.Unfortunatley this program is still not available on DVD,but hopefully it will be so when I have children we can sit back together and watch one of the most talented human beings and laugh together.

OhNo!

www.frightenstein.com

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
The LSD dancing werewolf ruined an entire generation with its subliminal pap.

The way they made fun of the African language (Ooga-Booga) was classy.

It was all about Vincent Price.

Caz

TRIBE Member
yeah man that show rawked.

"would you like some....PANCAKES!! weee-wooo weee-wooo"

also Vincent price is the straight goods hahah

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
The LSD dancing werewolf ruined an entire generation with its subliminal pap.

The way they made fun of the African language (Ooga-Booga) was classy.

It was all about Vincent Price.

all about vincent price? please,he taped all his segements in one day grabbed his paycheck and bounced.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
whatever,it was definitley cool that price was involved with it and his presence adds alot to the overall effect of the awesome power of this program.

zoo

TRIBE Member
this show ruled

you don't have to be older than 25 to appreciate this show ... i'm 22 and i remember it very, very well ... it was my absolute favorite tv show

here's a cool article from the Hamilton Spectator

tvtimes-march2000.jpg

deep

TRIBE Member
i liked the gorilla who always got shot with the ping pong ball

and the grammar slammer bammer

poor igor

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i never said you had to be over 25 to appreciate this show,i said if your over 25 you'll probably remember this show,i think anyone would appreciate this show,my 3 little nephews enjoy the few episodes i have on tape.:)