1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Billy goat too gruff: Neighbours

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jul 27, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Neighbours have had enough of a troublesome goat that keeps attacking them.

The latest incident happened Tuesday morning when two young boys were chased into their babysitter's home on Orchard Drive, in suburban Halifax.

Charlotte Poole, the boys' great-aunt, said she heard a commotion when they arrived and quickly ran outside.

"The goat was literally attacking them," said Poole. "The youngest one who's eight, the goat was butting him in the back."

Bryson Pitman said the goat was on the front lawn when his mother pulled into the driveway. He quickly hopped out of the car to get a closer look at the animal.

But the goat, Simba, wasn't as happy to see Bryson.

"He just started to get on my back to hurt me," said Bryson.

While an older son held back the goat, Bryson, his other brother, Brock, and their mother ran into the house.

"He grabbed the goat by the horns and the goat kept ramming him so that she could get the children inside," said Poole.

Luckily no one was hurt. But Poole said the goat damaged the car by scraping paint off.

[​IMG]

Bryson Pitman, eight, says the goat butted him in the back. (CBC)Bryson Pitman, eight, says the goat butted him in the back. (CBC) Poole called police.

"We are Sackville. It's not a farm area," she said. "I'm concerned for kids."

Poole wants the goat kept in a pen. She said the owner is trying to train Simba like a dog.

"It's not working out for him," she said.

Neighbours say Simba often escapes and makes a nuisance of himself, from eating their roses to pooping on their patios.

Sheila Moore has had her share of encounters too.

"If he gets loose, he attacks me," said Moore, who lives next door. "If I try to go after him with a shovel to get him down he just comes harder."

Moore said she once had to be rescued by her husband. She believes it's time Simba found a new home.

Neighbours say Simba's owner is away for two weeks and a friend is looking after him.

Simba was back in his pen, thanks to a neighbour, by the time police arrived Tuesday morning. No one answered the door.

But police said there is nothing they can do because no laws have been broken.

Read more: CBC News - Nova Scotia - Billy goat too gruff: neighbours

2. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

LOL

no laws have been broken, but fuck that goat pisses them off, attacks there kids, scrapes paint off the car etc.

i think they should train it to be a battle goat.

[jai]

3. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Lazy police. The police can call animal control and they have authority to seize an aggressive animal. I suggest a nice goat curry!

Also, I was thinking, since they live on the east coast, they should simply tell the animal to Goat west, young beast, goat west.

4. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

that is one troublesome goat.

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

kids these days !

6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

this kid on kid crime has got to stop

(oh wait ndrwrld, i see what you did there, and you beat me to the punch)

7. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

Just make a nice goat curry and invite the owners over for dinner. When they wonder where the goat is, everyone can have a nice chuckle over the abusrdity of the fact that they are currently eating it.

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i did this once. neighbours were verrrry cross with me. they loved their maid more than i thought.

9. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

He just started to get on my back to hurt me," said Bryson.

"He grabbed the goat by the horns and the goat kept ramming him

"If I try to go after him with a shovel to get him down he just comes harder."

10. deepfunkysoul

deepfunkysoul TRIBE Promoter

Serves the little bastard for rushing the goat. If you ever seen kids with animals you know they aren't as innocent as they are made out to be. Not all kids are like that but most are little shit disturbers. Maybe they should keep the kids in a pen not the goat. :p

Yay for the goat... lol

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

the KIDS joke has already been done.

12. alexd

[​IMG]

In that picture you can tell that goat is plotting another attack

13. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

14. alexd