• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Bill Hicks - Chomsky With Dick Jokes

Adam

TRIBE Member
Bill Hicks, one of the funniest fucking comedians of all time, died 10 years ago today. He was a foul-mouthed, passionate, drug-consuming, hard drinking, left wing asshole. And fucking funny.

Anyone who hasn't heard any of his standup should run to Kazaa/Soulseek/etc and do a search for him.

Some articles:
Bill Hicks - Why The Fuss Exactly?
Bill Hicks - The Black Humored Articulator Of Doubt

See I think drugs have done some good things for us. If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records,tapes and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man.
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on."
Think of me as Chomsky with dick jokes.
I'm not a girl, I'm a guy you know? But at the same time, I tell ya how you can solve this abortion issue right now. Ready? Those unwanted babies that single moms leave in alleys and in dumpsters? Leave about 12 of those on the steps of The Supreme Court. This is over. Like that. "You guys said we had to have them? Then you guys...FUCKING RAISE 'EM." "Raise 'em then, you fucking fucking raise 'em. YOU raise 'em. You said I had to have it? Then it's yours. Fuck. It's yours..Take it"
I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your fuckin' mouth.
It's really weird how your life changes. Tonight I'm drinking water. Four years ago? Opium. Night and day, you know?
I can speak for every guy in this room here tonight. Guys, if you could blow yourselves, ladies, you'd be in this room alone right now. Watching an empty stage.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
he kinda looks like a cross between David Carodine and Agent Mulder.

I did like that joke about the cross though...going to look into it more...

cheers!

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Bill Hicks: Revelations

sooooo fucking funny! :D

the bit about being high on LSD and having the cops pulling him over had me LOL'ing.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us. If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records,tapes and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man."

This is a great quote. Tool even used this on Aenima. That song about L.A. on the album seems highly inspired by Hicks.

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
I have a number of CD's of his if anyone wants to give em a listen. My brother introduced me to his material in my first year. What I want to see are some of his videos...

junglistic

TRIBE Member
i never knew of him when he was alive, but i think ive listened to just about all of his material and he's opened my eyes to alot of what goes on out there.

also, he ruined comedy for me, no other comedian even begins to interest me as much as he has.