• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Big Love - HBO

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Anybody else watch this show at all? It's about a polygamist and his relationship with his 3 wives in a normal town in Utah (I guess that's an oxy moron). There's also of course the obligatory return to the compound and the wonderful bickering between the three ladies about who gets him on what night and how much money who gets, good times!

Not a bad show so far, definitely entertaining and sometimes intriguing.

Last edited:

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
I can only watch this show on "TMN On demand" as I have to fast forward any time either of the younger two wives are on the screen.

The family drama is so irritating and even more so because it's self inflicted. The plot with the crazy parents and evil "prophet" is awesome though.

So the episodes end up being abou t20 min long.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
absolutely loving it. This is some of the strongest work Bill Paxton's ever done as an actor and the three wives are awesome as well - each of them is fitting into their role better and better as the season progresses.

The show is a really intriguing look in to Mormon culture in Utah and it doesn't seem to take sides on polygamy - it shows both the advantages and disadvantages of the practice.

At the same time that Bill is married to all three women he has three very different relationships to contend with and maintain, on top of running two home improvement outlets as well as maintaining the 'status quo'...

The stage is being set for some very big fireworks - I think Bill's partner in the store business (also a polygamist) is going to be 'outed' (most likely with Roman's help) and seeing the public humiliation he faces will cause Bill's family to close ranks and work harder to conceal their 'situation'.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
i am so fucking glad someone started talking about this. I love LOVE LOVE this show. its SO interesting to me. I watch grays anatomy at 7 on Sundays now so i can see this. it really opens your eyes to the world of polygymy and makes it not so foreign. The people at the Juniper ranch really creeps me out.

Does anyone else see that wiere relationship the 3rd wife has with the oldest son? Are they gonna do it?
Chloe Seveigny's (sp?) character makes me want to hurt people she's so fucking annoying

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Didn't catch the last one but it seems (thankfully) they're moving away from showing Paxton's ass every episode.

Chloe Sevigny is super grating, but I guess the character is supposed to be.

Harry Dean Stanton as the creepy group leader is pure genius casting.

sugar

TRIBE Member
The showed Paxton's ass in the most recent episode. I commented on that very fact while watching it. It's becoming gratuitous.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
I really dig this show. It's my SFU replacement, but less pretentious. Good tv.

sheik rock said:
I can only watch this show on "TMN On demand" as I have to fast forward any time either of the younger two wives are on the screen.

The family drama is so irritating and even more so because it's self inflicted. The plot with the crazy parents and evil "prophet" is awesome though.

wha?

Gravid

TRIBE Member
sheik rock said:

Why bother watching then?
Polygamy with just one wife?:confused:
maybe reruns of The Cosby show or Family Ties might suit you better.

One of the best new shows going imo.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
No. The polygamy is interesting. But his choice of wives is fucking ridiculous.

The younger two are so irritating I wouldn't be able to watch the show if I paid attention to them.

sugar

TRIBE Member
So, last night's episode we got to see Chloe Sevigny's tits instead of Bill Paxton's ass. Variety is the spice of life.

I enjoyed this show more than last night's The Sopranos episode. Both shows address what it means to be a family, and last night I felt that Big Love did a better job of that.

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
This is an awesome series.

You know what I don't understand... how people can watch these shows and get annoyed at characters like chloe sevigny's "nikki" and not realise that you're SUPPOSED TO HATE / BE ANNOYED with her. thats part of the charm.

btw, nikki is a replica of my ex-girlfriend from high school. religious freak and all.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
I have another boy crush on Ben & as always it turns out he's from Toronto. I do have a knack on crushing on the GTA actors turned Hollywood. Cal from 40 year old virgin, george michael from arrested devlopment, etc. Damn you all!! But yeah Margene & Ben better get it on, I want them to show his erection already... he sure thinks/talks about it enough.